What you can see and do in this application depends on the security permissions associated with your 25Live user account. In addition, if your user does not have the permission Basic: 7.0 View Contacts in Series25 Group Administration, the default scheduler for a location may not be visible. If you can't access something you think you should be able to, contact your 25Live Administrator.
The name of each event in 25Live is a link you can use to view its details. Each event view has the following sub-sections (depending on your security group rights):
Each sub-section has controls for:
A convenient dropdown menu is also available next to the Refresh icon to change the event state.
To View Event Details
After clicking on a linked event name, the main details view is displayed. An event summary with the event name, event state, event reference, dates (including repeat occurrences), location(s), and resource(s) for the event.
You can refresh the summary using the refresh icon in the upper-right of the summary area.
Use the star icon () next to the organization name to add it to your favorites.
In the details view (depending on your institution's options and your user's security permissions), you may also be able to see information under headings for:
- This section has all of the basic event information, most of it editable inline (see more about inline editing below)
- Tasks Completed
- List of task statistics with a link to "View this event's Task List"
- Event Relationships
- If any, related events with links to view those events' details
- Event Categories
- Categories associated with the event and an "Add" link for adding more categories
- Custom Attributes
- Listing of custom attributes for this event with an "Add a Custom Attribute" option button
- Event Info
- Outline of additional event information including the requirements, owner, creation date, reference, cabinet, and folder
Each heading section can be expanded or collapsed using the expand/collapse () icon in the heading bar.
Using the More Actions Display
Use the More Actions menu link to expand all of the options available for Events.
You can close the display using the Collapse link.
Options in More Actions
This display provides a number of extra actions to perform for this location, including:
- Edit Event (see linked help topic)
- Copy Event (see linked help topic)
- Related Events - create or edit events related to this one to manage them as a group (see linked help topic)
- Manage Bindings - create or edit events bound to this one (see linked help topic)
- Create Task - create and assign a to-do task (see linked help topic)
- Print Report - print a report (including invoices if one has been defined for the current event type) or custom document using information from this event (see help topic).
Note: Setting Default Reports
The reports you see listed for "Confirmation (Detailed)” and "Confirmation Notice" may be the same report in your instance. Administrators can use the Event Type editing in System Settings or bulk event type editing to set different default reports for the "Confirmation Notice" and "Invoice" reports per event type.
The event confirmation marked as the default for your instance is displayed as "Confirmation Notice" in this section.
- Email Event - send event details via email, which can use a customized, manual event email template (see linked help topic)
- Delete Event (see linked help topic)
- Edit Ownership - change the event owner to your contact with editing rights
- Subscribe (see linked help topic)
Tip: Changing the Event State from Event Details
Many event sub-sections also have a drop-down near the top to allow you to change the Event State, with appropriate permissions. Please note, you may not be able to successfully cancel an event using this dropdown.
To Add or Edit an Image From Event Details
1. Go to the Event Details View for Your Event
Image: Any link on an event name will take you to its Event Details view.
The name of each event in 25Live is a link you can use to view its details.
2. Find the Custom Attributes Section
You can expand or collapse each section in the Details view using the icon in the heading bar.
3. Add or Edit the Desired Image Custom Attribute
If you need to add a new image, use the Add a Custom Attribute button.
If you're editing an image attribute already associated with the event, find it in the Custom Attributes section.
If adding or editing an image file reference, 25Live's inline editing will save your changes when you click away from the URL field.
If adding or editing an image file, use the Upload button after choosing or uploading an image.
Other Event Detail Sub-sections
Viewing Event Occurrences
In the occurrences view you can see Event Preferences as well as more granular details of locations (and layout of each) and resources (and quantities) assigned to each occurrence.
To View and Edit Event Preferences
Use the expand/collapse icon to reveal the event preferences, if any have been saved. The Edit link will display Edit buttons you can use to add or remove preferences.
To View and Edit Individual Occurrence Details
The Event Occurrences section provides arrows to expand/collapse occurrence details. As illustrated above, use the arrows on the title line of the event occurrences list to expand/collapse all occurrences, and use the arrows on each line to expand/collapse individual occurrences.
When expanded, each occurrence displays extra details including start and end times, locations and layouts, resources and quantities, and special instructions. Location and Resource icons in black and white are saved as preferences.
You can also use the Settings icon () to switch to a Separated view of occurrences when viewing details for events using multiple segments.
Viewing the Event Calendar
The Calendar view shows you an easy to read grid of days on which this event takes place. This view also allows you to create events by using the create event Create Event icon in the calendar grid.
Reminder: Expand Your View to Related Events
You can use the Related Events checkbox to expand the displayed results.
To Change the Start Date of the Calendar View
You can also use the arrow buttons at the bottom of the calendar grid to shift the dated display backward or forward in time.
Click on the date to reveal a date picker and choose the start date. Then, use the Weeks dropdown to show up to 16 weeks at once.
Viewing the Event Schedule
The Event Schedule views consist of four main parts:
- Event summary at the top of the view
- Availability toolbar across the top of the schedule availability grid
- Left sidebar: Dates are displayed, spanning 30 days from the selected date
- The availability grid with top column headers showing hours for the selected date
The grid uses color codes to indicate availability and the status of events:
- Blank/White: Available
- Gray: Closed hours, based on the location's open/closed hours
- Black: A blackout hour
- Green: A normal event with occurrence start and end times
- Light green: Setup/pre-event or post-event/takedown time before and/or after an event time
- Orange/Beige: Location unavailable due to a relationship with another location
- Purple/Gray Slashes: Pending location reservation
The availability grid also allows you to change the event date and time by dragging the event's colored block within any available grid squares. Check the "Snap To Grid" checkbox above the grid to restrict times to half-hour blocks, or uncheck the checkbox to freely move the event to any time.
You may also right-click on a regular occurrence block (in green) to display editing and viewing options for that occurrence.
To Change the Date Displayed in Availability View
To choose a new date (other than the previous or next), click on the date text to open the date picker. Use the arrows on either side of the date to go to the previous or next date.
To Change the Hours Shown in the Schedule
At the top-left corner of the availability grid are controls for changing which hours are shown. Click and drag a point on the hours bar to adjust the hours shown in the grid.
Viewing the Event Task List
In order to use the Task List view, a user must have the permission: Basic: 8.0 View Tasks List enabled in Series25 Group Administration.
A "task" is a To Do item, location/resource assignment request, or approval/FYI notification assigned to one or more 25Live users. Just as with other Event Details sub-sections, there is a convenient event summary at the top of the Task List sub-section.
In the Task List toolbar you can:
- Check the Related Events checkbox to view tasks for related events
- Use the event state drop-down menu to change the event's state
- Use the View dropdown menu to choose between:
- Viewing All Assigned Tasks (tasks for all users for this event)
- Only Tasks Assigned To You
In the task list, the details of tasks associated with this event (or related events) are displayed. Tap or click on most of the columns to sort by that column header, and tap or click the column heading again to reverse the sort order.
If the tasks are assigned to you, use the checkboxes in the first column to check individual tasks or the top checkbox to check all tasks. You can then use the Approve Checked or Deny Checked buttons to perform actions on more than one task.
Tip: Resource Quantities
Under Resource Assignments and Appovals, items will have a quantity notation near the name of the item.
Some fields, such as dates and comments for eligible tasks assigned to you are editable inline. Simply use the edit icons to enter the editing mode and tap or click outside of the field to save your changes.
You can also use the appropriate action buttons to complete the task:
- Approve or Deny to complete an approval notification
- Assign or Deny to complete a location or resource assignment request
- Complete or Ignore to complete a To Do task
Viewing Event Pricing
In order to use the Pricing view, a user must have the Basic: 4.0 View Pricing on Events (or Basic: 4.1 Edit Pricing on Events) permission enabled in Series25 Group Administration.
A user in the Scheduler role will also have access to this tab even without this permission.
Just as with other Event Details views, there is a convenient event summary at the top of the sub-section.
The Pricing view gives you a line item list of all items with columns of details.
To Choose Which Columns Display in List View
Use the Choose Columns button to reveal a list of all available columns. Check the boxes next to any you wish to display.
To Print an Invoice
Use the Print Invoice button to generate an invoice for distribution. See Generating an Invoice for more.
To Edit Pricing
To change event pricing, use the EDIT link. See Viewing and Modifying Event Pricing for more.
Using the LYNX Tab
In order to see the LYNX tab, a user must have the Tools Access: 4.0 Access to LYNX Tool permission enabled in Series25 Group Administration.
If a 25Live event (often academic courses/sections) has been imported via the Series25 LYNX Interface, its Event Details view will often have a Lynx tab available.
Toggling to Yes suspend LYNX SIS imports and exports for the section you are viewing. See Pausing a Section from the LYNX Tab in 25Live for more.
Viewing the Event Audit Trail
In order to view the Audit Trail, a user must have full Object Security permissions to edit the event.
A user in the Scheduler role will also have access to this tab even without this permission.
After the familiar event summary at the top of the Audit Trail sub-section, a sortable list of changes to this event is displayed. Tap or click the Date, User, or Action column headings to sort by those columns. Tap or click the heading again to reverse the sort order.
The audit trail shows a number of status messages attached to the actions. For example, "Location not Available at Commit" would mean that when an assignment task was acted upon, the location was not available (if it was assigned to another event).