Participants explore how to administer and maintain calendars for web publishing. The training covers web publishing functionality, basic security setup for publisher users, creating and maintaining search feeds, and customizing the web publishing interface. Additional discussions include determining how best to build feeds for major campus calendars including the use of categories and the Publish to Calendar requirements or Resources. Other methods for developing calendars in 25Live Publisher are discussed including mixed-in calendars. Participants also learn a few advanced techniques for dealing with mobile versions of 25Live Publisher calendars as well as learning how to build a template stylesheet to increase efficiencies in building new calendars for campus websites.
By the end of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Build effective and efficient searches in 25Live that will become 25Live Publisher event feeds
- Create, manage, modify, and remove event feeds to 25Live Publisher
- Select appropriate Publisher calendar formats and controls
- Generate embeddable publishing code
- Build a Publisher stylesheet calendar template to contain all commonly used calendar, control, and promotional spuds and their associated style settings for future use in building 25Live Publisher calendars quicker and more efficiently
- Understand and make use of the concept of mixed-in calendars
- Be able to use instructor-provided instructions to enable mobile device recognition for mobile calendar provision to websites
Functional Administrators, Communications staff, IT staff, and Web Administrators who are responsible for the configuration and administration of the Series25 scheduling solution as it pertains to marketing and web calendaring.
CollegeNET consultant will provide the consulting in three (3) remote sessions of approximately 2 hours each. Up to 5 hours of additional off-line assistance will be provided. There also may be some additional contact outside of the consulting sessions via email or conference call.
- An operational 25Live environment containing several weeks of customer events.
- CollegeNET recommends the use of videoconferencing for all remote sessions
Please contact your CollegeNET Account manager for pricing and scheduling details. (Series25 Account Management)