In 25Live, the term "event" refers to any class, meeting, conference, or other activity created and/or managed in 25Live. Events are either classes imported into 25Live from your SIS via the Series25 LYNX Interface or events created in 25Live in your school's day-to-day scheduling process.
For detailed information about the structure of 25Live events, see Learning About 25Live Event Structure. For details on creating and managing events in 25Live, see Creating Events With the Event Form.
Event Master Definitions
Some event data comes from event master definitions—comprehensive, relatively stable lists of event attributes that are created and managed in the 25Live System Settings. Those creating events apply the available and appropriate items from these lists to each event.
- Event Categories — Ways you want to group events, such as Academic, Athletic, Community, etc. that you want to make readily available in 25Live
- Event Contact Roles — Roles contacts may perform for an event, such as Emergency Contact, Facilitator, etc.
- Event Requirements (Calendar) — Event publishing requirements of events that allow 25Live Publisher users to specify which calendar(s) specific events should be published to
- Event Requirements (Other) — Other requirements of events—needs that are relevant to an event as a whole, such as a parking permit for an extension class or an alcohol permit for a theater reception
- Event Custom Attributes — Additional data elements you want to track about events that you want to track
System-Supplied Event Master Definition Items
In addition to the Master Definition items you create, 25Live includes a number of system-supplied event master definition items. These items can’t be edited or deleted, but can be deactivated.
- Event Categories
- Export to vCalendar — (not currently in use)
- Featured Event — Used by the system as the criterion for the default search displayed to non-signed-in users
- Event Contact Roles
- Instructor — Used to designate the instructor of a class. If the Series25 LYNX Interface is configured to import instructors, it will populate this event role automatically
- Requestor — Used to designate the name of the 25Live user who created an event or event draft
- Scheduler — Used to designate the name of the 25Live user who created an event or event draft. If a default scheduler has been specified in 25Live, the system automatically enters that name in this role
- Event Custom Attributes
- Allow Registration — Used as a part of 25Live Event Registrations
- Conflict Decider — — (not currently in use)
- Detail Image — Used to specify a URL to appear in 25Live Publisher calendar event detail views
- Event Image — Used to specify a URL to appear in 25Live Publisher calendar spuds that include images (most often thumbnails)
- Hot Event Image — (not currently in use)
- Priority Override — Used to specify that an event's location assignment shouldn't be removed by the academic priority feature, which normally gives location assignment priority to classes
- Registration — Used as a part of 25Live Event Registrations
- SIS Bound Reservation Missing — (deprecated) Used by the system to designate cross-listed classes whose associated cross-listed group members were not imported into 25Live by the legacy Series25-SIS (TCS) Interface asynchronous vCalendar import process
- WDYT Event Survey — (not currently in use)
- Web Site — Used to specify the URL of an event’s promotional website
- X25 CIP Code — (not currently in use)