A "task" is a to-do item, location/resource assignment request, or approval/FYI notification assigned to one or more 25Live users. Location/resource assignment requests and approval/FYI notifications are automatically generated by the system based on your workflow setup. To Do's are created manually by 25Live users and can be assigned to themselves or other users.
Tasks assigned to you and tasks assigned by you are displayed (and can be searched for and completed) on the Tasks page. This example shows the Tasks page in the list view.
There are two ways to access the Tasks page from the 25Live Home page:
- By using the Tasks link in the Home dashboard widget
- When you do this, the tasks in the group you clicked (described below) are shown in the Tasks page in a list view. You can change this view as needed.
- By using Tasks link in the top navigation bar
- When you do this, your outstanding tasks (as described below) are shown in the Tasks page in a list view. You can change this view as needed.
Task Area Links
The links in the Tasks widget of your 25Live Home dashboard are used to access and display the tasks in each of the groups described below. If a group is not listed, there are no tasks in that group. These categories are also used as "Pre-Defined Groups" of tasks in the search view.
- Overdue: Incomplete tasks assigned to you due today or within the past X days
- Outstanding: Incomplete tasks assigned to you, due between X days in the past and Y days in the future
- Flagged: All tasks that are flagged for attention, due between X days in the past and Y days in the future
- Completed: All tasks assigned to you and completed, due between X days in the past and Y days in the future
- Assigned by You: All: All tasks you've assigned to other users
- Assigned by You: Completed: Tasks you've assigned to other users that have been completed
- Assigned by You: Denied: Tasks you've assigned to other users that have been denied
- Assigned by You: Outstanding: Tasks you've assigned to other users that haven't been acted on yet
By default, X and Y in the searches above are each 30 days, but this can be changed in the Search Settings.
Tip: Tasks on Today's Agenda
The "You have xxx Tasks on Today's Agenda" link shows you at a glance whether or not you have assigned tasks that must be completed today. When you use the link, the Tasks page in a one-week calendar view is displayed.
To View Tasks
You can do any of the following when viewing tasks on the Tasks page:
- Use the List button to see the selected tasks in a list view, as shown above.
- Choose the columns you want to be displayed in the list view by using the Choose Columns button, selecting and/or deselecting columns, then clicking or tapping Done. Columns you can choose include:
- Task Item
- Type (including types such as Authorization, FYI, Assign, Unassign, To Do, etc.)
- See Workflow and Tasks in 25Live (Series25 Customer Resources login required)
- The Status will display as "Various" on a multi-occurrence event with some locations or resources approved or denied
- Respond By
- First Date
- Assigned By
- Assigned To
- Set the page controls below the list view to go to particular pages in the task list and to specify the number of tasks you want to be displayed on each page.
- Use the Calendar button to see the selected tasks in a calendar view.
- By default, the current week is displayed, but you can see a three-day or month view with the 3-Day or Month buttons.
- Use the forward and backward arrows below the calendar display to move forward or backward in the calendar based on your view.
- Click or tap a date number on the calendar to see that day's task agenda.
- You can also choose to group the tasks in the calendar by Respond By Date or Event Start Date.
- View the details of a task in either the list or calendar view by clicking or tapping the task's link.
- This opens the Edit Task window where you can view task details, edit the task if it has not yet been completed, and/or complete the task.
Note: Cancelling Tasks
A requester that has been given appropriate permissions in their security group can cancel a task.
By default, 25Live shows tasks in 30-day ranges, but your administrator can set the range to be more or less in 25Live System Settings Search Settings.