In order to create and edit events as a group, you'll need to enable the following setting in Series25 Group Administration:
Basic: 2.1 Manage Event Relationships and Binding.
Additionally, remember that even though they're in a group, related and bound events are still separate objects with their own object security. Make sure you have appropriate permissions to view and edit them, the same as you would any other event.
If you're the event Scheduler, you can bind an event to other events. Events that are "bound" must have the same location(s) assigned, although they may occur at the same or different dates/times.
The following rules govern bound events:
- Location changes can be made for single occurrences, but it's common to have all occurrences of all events in a bound event set assigned the same location(s), regardless of dates or times.
- If you create a binding relationship between your events, then all location assignments to one event should automatically also be made to the other event upon subsequent updates.
- Changing the assigned location of an event in a bound set automatically changes the location assignment of all other members of the set to that same location.
Info: Other Kinds of Bound Events
The instructions below describe how to manually bind events using 25Live Pro. To learn more, see LYNX Data Binding Overview. Cross-listed or combined sections coming into 25Live from your SIS via the Series25 LYNX Interface are automatically bound by the system on import.
You can bind events by choosing Manage Bindings from either of two places in 25Live:
- From the summary of More Event Options displayed when you finish creating or editing an event in the Event Form (if you have appropriate security permissions)
- From the More Actions menu for an open event
Bound events are displayed in the left-hand column in the Details view of the event.
To Create or Add Events to a Bound Event Set
1. Access the Manage Bound Events Window
With one of the events open in the details view on the Events tab, choose Manage Bindings from the More Actions display, or select Manage Bindings in More Event Options immediately after saving a new or edited event.
2. Use the Add Events to Set Button
In the Manage Bound Events window, the title informs you if this event is in a bound event set. To add events to the set or create a new set, use the Add Events to Set button.
3. Find the Events You Want to Bind
Use the keyword search field to find events you wish to bind to the current event or set.
4. Select the Events You Want to Bind
In the search results list, check the box of each event you wish to add to the set, then use the Add Selected button.
Tip: Select What You Need
You don't need to search for or select all members of a set to add a new event to it.
For long search result sets, use the Next, Last, and other pagination controls at the bottom of the list to view additional pages of results and adjust the number of results on the page. The Show Selected button can also be used to more conveniently review only the events you have checked in the list before adding to your related event set.
A complete list of all events in the related events set will display after successfully adding events to the set.
5. Close the WindowClose the Manage Bound Events Window, or use the Add Events to Set button to add additional events.
Note: Related Events
Another type of relationship -- between "related" events that don't have to have the same location assignment(s) but you want to relate for other reasons -- is also displayed in event details. To learn more, see Creating Related Events.