If after saving an event with a requested space the space request or preference does not save, you may need to edit the assignment rights. This issue also applies to resource requests.
Check the Assignment Policy Rights
- In the 25Live Group Administration tool, tick the Select or Deselect All Except Sys Admin Group checkbox
- Select Configure... > Location Security
- Use the search field to select the affected location
- Under Choose Security Type to View, select Assignment Policy
- Verify that at least one security group has Assign, Unassign, Approve rights for the location
Update the Assignment Policy Rights
- If no group has Assign, Unassign, Approve rights, update the rights by ticking the Location's checkbox and clicking Edit Selected Locations
- Make changes in the form and Save
Check That at Least One User is in the Approval group
- If there is a group with approval permissions, select Configure... > Members
- Verify that there is at least one user in the group
Check That the Approval Group Has Sufficient Event and Location Object Security
- In Group Administration, select the security group that is configured to approve the location requests
- In the Configure... menu, select Location Security
- Use the Search to find the location.
- From the Actions dropdown menu, select Edit Object Security
- Check that the object security is, at minimum, set to View Only
- (Repeat the steps above for Event Security)
If this does not explain why a location request is not working, you might look at our list of reasons why location assignments may fail.