The View (Export) ALL Schools function is where Eval25 Access Restrictions are built. You can allow a user to have unrestricted access to the entire institution when the box is checked. When the box is not checked, you can build specific restrictions for users.
Find access restriction examples here: permissions_examples.pdf
When you set up restrictions, you determine how the rule sets ("Groups") you are about to build should be applied. You will need to decide whether 'Any' or 'All' of the restrictions apply:
- Any - Each of the groups and rules you are creating can be applied independently.
- All - Each of the groups and rules you are creating will be applied together.
In essence, if you use 'Any' you have decided the rules can apply independently (this rule OR this other rule), whereas if you use 'All' you have decided the rules must apply in conjunction with each other (this rule AND this other rule).
How to Build Restrictions
1. Add a Group
Leave the restriction set to Any. Then, press Add Group to add another group of rules for restriction of access.
2. Add a Rule
Tap Add Rule to add permission attributes. Add Rule allows you to specify an attribute, such as School, and then refine the permission by selecting Equals or Does Not Equal, followed by a specific school, such as Arts and Sciences.
3. Select the Rule Criteria
- Select a Specific Attribute: School, Department, Course Level, etc.
- In the example above, School is selected
- Select Equal/Does Not Equal
- In the example above, Equals is selected
- Select the Value of the First Attribute
- In the example above, Arts and Sciences (ARTSCI) is selected
- Select Add Rule and Repeat Steps 3-5
- The selections in the example above are Course Level, Equals, 200
Continue repeating these steps, as needed.
4. If Needed, Delete a Row
Tap the Delete button next to a row to remove it.
To delete all rows below the top row, click the Delete Children button.