Included with all of the many bulk editing options for events is the ability to unassign some or all locations from multiple events within a specified time frame.
This action is currently only for administrators.
This feature is only available for users with the following permission enabled in Series25 Group Administration:
Admin: 1.0 Bulk Editing on Location Assignments
To Remove Locations From Multiple Events
1. Go to the Search Section
Navigate to the Search section using the Go to Search button in the top navigation bar. There is also a Search link in the More menu in the top navigation.
2. Choose a Saved Search
Be sure the Events search type is selected, and choose the search you want to use from the Saved Searches dropdown menu. You must select a saved search that was created by you or another user, such as those in the All of Your Event Searches section of the list.
Reminder: Choose a User Saved Search
You may not choose from the Pre-Defined Groups list of searches (such as Your Starred Events) when bulk editing events.
If you don't currently have a saved search available that includes all the events you want to bulk edit, you may create and save a new saved search, then come back to the search screen to begin the steps to bulk edit events.
Use the Search button to run the search.
3. Choose From the Event List After Selecting the Bulk Edit Option
On the search screen, use the Search Actions dropdown to select the Bulk Edit option.
Note: Event Selection is Limited
Selection for bulk editing is currently limited to 1,000 events or less to optimize performance.
The Event List screen allows you to check which events you want to bulk edit.
4. Select and Run the Unassign Locations Option
Criteria to Enter
Select an Unassign Locations from the list, then:
- Choose the beginning and end of the date range (including times) in which you want to remove location assignments
- Check the box if you want the unassign action to generate location preferences on the events
- Use the Select Locations button to choose specific locations you want to remove
OR You can choose no locations to allow the action to remove all locations from the events you're editing
- After completing the options, be sure to review your choices, then use the Unassign Locations button to complete the bulk edit.
- This feature is only available for administrators (in the (-1) security group), but it will soon be optionally expanded to other security groups.
5. After Success, Return to Event List or Search
After completing each action, a Success message will be displayed. You may also see a Locked Events List of events that could not be edited due to a lock or insufficient permissions. You can try to edit those events individually.