If you are trying to run a particular confirmation report for an event in 25Live, but don't see the option to print when you go to the More Actions menu, try following the troubleshooting steps below.
Check the Event Type Configurations
Make sure the report is associated with the event type.
- In 25Live, go to System Settings > Master Definitions > Event Types > Hierarchy.
- Locate your event type.
- Under Reports, make sure that the checkbox for your report is ticked.
- If you need to add a report, tick the associated checkbox and click Save.
Check the Object Level Security
Reports are subject to Object Level Security. In order to run the report you must have at least View permission to the report.
- In the Group Administration tool, go to Configure... > Report Security.
- Use the Search field to locate your report.
- Make sure your security group has View Only rights or higher.
- If you need to update the Object Security, click the Actions button.
- Update the rights using the dropdown menu and Save.
Check the Functional Level Security
In order to print any reports, you must have the right Functional Security rights.
- In the Group Administration tool, go to Configure... > Security.
- Under the Tools Access tab, make sure 2.0 Access to Reports = Yes.