25Live Publisher has the capability for users to add Disqus Comments or Facebook Comments to their calendar spuds. By default, both options are turned off but you are able to disable one or both.
Disqus Accounts and Facebook Apps
To set up Disqus comments, you must first sign up for a Disqus account and choose a short name that identifies the website where you want your comments enabled.
To properly setup up the Facebook comments and make use of the advanced features available with it, you must link your site to a Facebook app. See the instructions in 25LIve Publisher help for creating a Facebook app, and visit the Facebook App Developer site. The Facebook app will allow you to blacklist words and moderate content.
To add Disqus Comments or Facebook Comments feeds to your calendar spuds:
- Sign in to 25Live Publisher at https://25livepub.collegenet.com/t.aspx?z=SignIn.
- In 25Live Publisher, select your calendar, click on the gray triangle to open the drop-down menu, and choose Publish Settings.
- The control panel for this calendar will open. Click on the Calendar Spuds tab and scroll down to the Event Detail View. Locate the Edit Settings & Styles link and click to open the settings and styles for the Event Detail View.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see the option to Show Disqus comments or Show Facebook comments. Click Yes for either one or even both.
- Click OK to save your selections to the Event Detail View and preview calendar. Open an event on the calendar and look for the new discussion boxes.