See all options in Group Administration in Permissions in Series25 Group Administration.
To be able to modify an existing 25Live group's security using Group Administration, the group must already have its permissions set to a certain minimum level. If the group does not meet this requirement, you will be prompted to change this when you attempt to edit it. Please see Best Practices Enforced by Group Administration for more information.
To Set Security For a New Group
- In Group Administration, select a security group from the list and click Copy.
- Add a group name and description.
- Select Configure Group Security from the Copy Group and go to... dropdown menu.
- Click Copy to save the new group & OK on the success message.
5. Proceed to Step 2 in the next section.
To Set Security For an Existing Group
1. In Group Administration, select your security group from the list and click Configure... > Security.
2. On the Configure Security For... page, the Summary tab displays the general categories of actions the group is able and unable to perform. From here, you can expand individual categories or all categories (Expand All) to see the list of actions in each.
For example, members of the group below are able to view contacts but are unable to create, edit, or copy contacts.
3. To change the security options for the group, select the relevant tab.
- Basic Options
- Administrative Options
- Academic Options
- Tools Access
Tip: The Info Buttons Provide Permission Descriptions
Use the "i" info buttons to view descriptions of each permission.
4. Browse the settings or use the search field to filter through the list.
Tip: Settings Can be Selected from the Summary Tab.
You can also access the setting you want to change from the Summary tab. With the Summary tab selected, expand the category that contains the setting, then click the link of the setting you want to change.
5. The right-hand arrows will expand sections that have sub-settings. The Information Icon will list any setting that the current setting will depend on. For example, in the animation below Cancel Task Requests cannot be set to Yes unless View Tasks List is also set to Yes.
6. Toggle the No/Yes to make changes. Correct dependent settings as needed.
7. Save your changes.