Default object security and assignment policy are the settings that are applied to an object when it's brand new before you have a chance to configure them directly.
Why Setting Defaults is Important
Default event draft object security defines the object security access permissions each security group has to newly created event drafts. If left unchanged for a security group, the object security system default applies, meaning that members of the group might see any new event drafts that are created.
Note: Copying Objects
When you copy an object you also copy its security, so the new object is identical to the original. Default security only applies when you create an object from scratch, such as when you import a spreadsheet of rooms from the Data Import Tool or through LYNX.
Setting Security Defaults
To set the default object security and/or assignment policy for new objects, follow these steps:
- In Series25 Group Administration, select one or more security groups. (We recommend you select all of them at once.)
- Click Configure ... Default Security.
- Select an object type to edit: event drafts, locations, organizations, reports, or resources.
a. If you choose locations or resources, you'll have the option to edit assignment policy in addition to object security.
- A table of security groups will appear with radio buttons for each Object Security and Assignment Policy permission.
- Make your selections for each group and click Save.
- Choose another object type to set security from the button menu on the upper left.
Tip: Double Check Basic and Administrative Security
The Events functional security access you set for a security group must be allowed in Basic and/or Administrative Security before the related object security is applied.