Comment Redaction lets an Instructor, Academic Administrator, or Administrator flag a student evaluation comment, for example, one that is offensive or untrue, and place it into the Comment Redaction report where it can be determined if the comment should be redacted or retained.
A note on the comment can be saved to record the reasoning behind a decision. Redacted comments will be hidden from other reports, while retained comments are not.
Eval25 Administrators can edit flagged comment permissions. Please see Granting Users Flagged Comment Review Permissions in Eval25 for more information.
- Choose Comment Redaction from the Reports menu.
- Select the appropriate term from the dropdown box. The report displays flagged comments.
- To the right of each report question for review is a Redact button and a Retain button. The reviewer can examine each comment and decide what to do.
Remove a Comment
- Click Redact.
- Enter a comment with a reason why this comment should be redacted in the text field. (Required)
- Click the comment’s Redact button to confirm.
Keep a Comment
- Click the Retain button.
- Enter a comment about the retention in the text field. (Optional)
- Click the comment’s Retain button.
Edit Retention or Redaction Decision
- To keep a comment that you previously redacted, select the dropdown and click Retain.
To remove a comment that you previously retained, select the dropdown and click Redact.
- To edit the reason for the redaction/retention, select the dropdown and click Edit Review Comment.
- Select the Retain/Redact confirmation button on the comment to save your changes.
For more information, please see Flagging Comments in Eval25 & Granting Users Flagged Comment Review Permissions in Eval25.