Snapshots in X25 Analytics are the basis of all metrics, reports, and modeling. In order to dive into the details of your 25Live data, you must first isolate it and determine exactly what you want to analyze. Creating a Quick Snapshot is the fastest way to get started.
The guide below will generate an X25 snapshot from 25Live data based on just a few inputs you give it.
Creating a Quick Snapshot
- To begin, click the Quick Snapshot button in the upper right of the Select a Project and Snapshot page.
- Alternatively, select a previously created project and click the New button beneath the snapshot list. Choose Quick Snapshot to add a new snapshot to that project.
- Whichever method you choose, this will open the Create Simple Snapshot window pictured above.
- Choose a Date Range. The snapshot will include all 25Live events within this range. Use the buttons below the date pickers to quickly advance both selections forward or backward by a few months or a year.
- Narrow your selection by choosing Data Sources. The snapshot will only include events that originated from a specific method.
- LYNX - Includes classes imported from your SIS as well as exams created by LYNX. Each term code can be selected separately.
- CSV - Includes anything imported through the CSV Event Import process.
- 25Live Events - Includes everything else, usually meaning events created directly in 25Live.
- By default, the snapshot will include all 25Live locations. Choose Filter Locations to include only locations assigned to selected events.
- Give your snapshot a Name and select a Project for it. If you haven't created any projects yet, then one will be created for you by default.
- Click Create to save the snapshot in the chosen project.
Now you're ready to start exploring your data X25 Analytics! Use the Related Topics links on the right to see what you can do.
Updating a Quick Snapshot
If you need to change the details of a quick snapshot, including its name or the events and locations it includes:
- Select the snapshot from the list within its project.
- Click Edit or Update.
- Edit any options desired.
- Click Update and wait for the update to be saved.
Note: Updating May Overwrite Previous Data
Updating a snapshot will overwrite any previous data in the snapshot from previous updates, including Modeling simulations. For example, updating a snapshot can destroy the data filters, which could impact comparison sets.