- While working with 25Live Publisher RSS Feeds, you notice that your feeds include entries with two dates.
- One of the dates, known as the 'PubDate', is expressed in GMT and may appear incorrectly depending on the application you are using to digest the RSS Feed.
- There is a way to remove the 'PubDate' which in some cases can improve the final output (steps below).
- Go to 25livepub.collegenet.com and login
- Select the calendar in question by checking its checkbox under CURRENT PUBLICATION. Example:
- There should be a row of buttons near the top of the page.
- Click the Publish button.
- Select the Feeds tab.
- Under RSS Feed, select Edit Settings & Styles.
- About midway down, there will be an option called Publish Date Source.
- Change this to No Publish Date and click OK near the bottom.
- This will remove the <PubDate> tag from the RSS feed.
- You may need to refresh your browser to see this change.
Example Feed - Removing the PubDate
Before the Change
After the Change
- If removing the 'PubDate' does not correct the final output, you will want to follow-up with the application digesting the RSS Feed.