All analysis in X25 Analytics starts with projects and snapshots.
A snapshot is a set of data captured from 25Live using an event search and a location search. It is frozen in time at the moment it is created and is not refreshed automatically when 25Live data changes, but you can use X25 Analytics to manually update snapshot data with current 25Live data at any time.
A project is simply a container for snapshots. You can group similar snapshots together by putting them in the same project.
You must select a project and a snapshot before you can perform any reports, calculations, or modeling in X25 Analytics. Snapshots created from 25Live searches show the user who originally built the search and/or the owner. The list will also separate your searches from searches created by other 25Live users.
Viewing Project and Snapshot Details
The Select page (shown above) displays a summary table of all the projects and a summary table of all the snapshots in X25 Analytics with the following information:
- Project - name of the project
- Snapshots - number of snapshots contained in the project
- Last Update - date when the project name/notes were last updated
- Notes - extra details about the project
- Status - indicates whether the project is active or archived
- New - Create a new project
- Edit - Edit a project's name or notes
- More Actions:
- Delete - Delete a project
- Archive/Unarchive - Place a project in Archived status or remove a project from the Archived status
- Security - Update a project's security permissions
- Display Archived Projects - Toggle to view/hide projects set to the status Archived
Snapshots are separated by type depending on how they were created (see below).
- Snapshot - name of the snapshot
- Events/Locations - number of events/locations captured by the snapshot
- Event/Location Search - names of the 25Live searches used to create the snapshot
- Last Updated - date when the snapshot was last updated with 25Live data
- Status - indicates whether the snapshot is active or archived
- Lock - indicates whether the snapshot is locked to prevent updates
- New - Create a new snapshot
- Edit - Edit a snapshot's name, lock status, event/location search, date range constraint status, or date range
- More Actions:
- Delete - Delete a snapshot
- Copy - Copy a snapshot
- Update - Update a snapshot
- Move - Move a snapshot to a different project
- Archive/Unarchive - Place a snapshot in Archived status or remove a snapshot from the Archived status
- Display Archived Snapshots - Toggle to view/hide snapshots set to the status Archived
X25 Analytics allows you to adjust security permissions per project.
Select a project with a radio button
Use the Security button below the project list to open the security display
You can then specify permissions for each group with access to the application, choosing from allowing:
- Edit, Delete, Copy
- Edit, Copy
- View Only
Use the Close button to exit the display and save changes
Creating a Project
- With the Projects tab selected, click Select on the left sidebar.
- Click the New button below the Projects table.
- A new project is added to the table in its own row with a default name (e.g., Project #6) and the Edit modal is opened.
- Choose a descriptive name and add any notes about the project, then Save.
Creating a Snapshot link
There are several ways to create snapshots in X25 Analytics. All three methods result in a snapshot that belongs to a specific project.
Creating Snapshots Is Easy in X25 Analytics
In X25 Analytics there are no mappings; all data is captured exactly as it appears in 25Live. You don't have to choose between expected and registered headcount values–the snapshot captures both! And you no longer need to switch between applications to export and import a snapshot; you create and update snapshots from the same page in X25 Analytics.
Quick snapshots are the fastest way to get started with X25 Analytics and do not require any advance preparation. They are created in one of two ways:
- Without selecting any project, click the Quick Snapshot button in the upper right.
- After selecting a previously created project, click the New button in the snapshot list and select Quick Snapshot.
Follow the steps on the screen to add a new snapshot to X25. See the article on Quick Snapshots for more details!
Snapshots From 25Live Searches
You can fine-tune precisely which data is included in a snapshot by limiting it to searches you created earlier in 25Live.
- Select the project you want the snapshot in from the Projects table.
- Click the New button below the Snapshots table. (Note: You can also copy an existing snapshot to start creating a new one by clicking the Copy button.)
- Select Search-Based Snapshot and a new snapshot is added to the table in its own row with a default name. (e.g., Snapshot #7)
- Give the snapshot a descriptive name and choose the event search and location search.
- A start and end date for the snapshot is automatically added based on the results of the event search. You can narrow this further if you desire.
- Snapshots have a maximum range of one year. If your search returns events from a larger range, you must edit the dates before saving them.
- If you check the "Constrain Date Range" box, your date selection will be preserved as you switch between searches in the drop-down menu.
- Click Save and wait as the new snapshot is automatically updated with current data from 25Live.
Snapshots From Transformed Modeling Data
In addition to creating snapshots based on searches from 25Live, you can create snapshots based on transformed data from other snapshots!
- Use an existing snapshot to make an Optimizer model.
- Click Generate Snapshot at the bottom of the Model page.
- Give the new snapshot a name and wait for it to be generated.
The new snapshot will have the same basic data as the original, but with transformations applied and new location assignments from the Optimizer simulation.
Updating a Snapshot With Current 25Live Data link
- Select the snapshot from the Snapshots table and click the Update button.
This opens the Update Snapshot modal (for snapshots based on searches) or lets you modify the details of the snapshot (for Quick Snapshots).
- Click the Start or Update button to begin updating X25 Analytics with current data from 25Live.
Important: This overwrites any previous data in the snapshot from previous updates, including reports and Optimizer runs.
- Click the Exit button when the update finishes.
- If you wish to prevent future updates from overwriting data, Edit the snapshot and check the Locked box.
Only One User at a Time Can Update a Snapshot
Only one user at a time (per database) can update a snapshot. This means that if two people are logged in separately at the same time, and one starts a snapshot update, the other will have to wait for them to finish.