In 25Live, the term organization refers to any department, campus group, community organization, or other entity that uses 25Live to request or schedule classes or events, and/or that sponsors classes or events.
Types of Organization Data You Can Store
You can store a variety of information about each organization:
- Short name (required)
- Official title
- Abbreviation (Schedule25 key) — used in Schedule25 Optimizer class placement processing
- Type — academic department, student group, non-profit community organization, and so on
- Accounting code
- Administrative and billing addresses
- Associated contacts
- Categories the organization belongs to
- Attributes — any other organization data you want to track
- Partition preferences — used in Schedule25 Optimizer class placement processing
Organization Master Definitions
Some organization data comes from organization master definitions—comprehensive, relatively stable lists of organization attributes that are created and managed in the System Settings section. You apply the appropriate items from these lists to each organization.
- Organization Categories — Ways you want to group organizations
- Organization Types — The kinds of organizations and groups that may request, schedule, or sponsor classes or events
- Organization Ratings — Performance ratings organizations may have
- Organization Contact Roles — Event roles contacts may perform for an organization
- Organization Custom Attributes — Additional organization data you want to track
System-Supplied Organization Master Definitions
25Live includes a number of system-supplied organization master definition items. These items can’t be edited or deleted, but can be deactivated.
- X25 CIP Code — (not currently in use)
- X25 College — Used to specify a location’s associated college, division, or professional school for X25 space analysis purposes
- Billing Contact — Used to designate the name of the contact who pushes events to the 25Live accounting system
Organization Partition Preferences
To effectively use the Schedule25 Optimizer, you should define and prioritize the partition preferences of each department or organization whose classes and/or events are to be placed in rooms by the Optimizer. The Optimizer uses these partition preferences to focus its room search on the specific campus locations preferred by departments and organizations.
You can define as many as four campus partition preferences for each organization. Each preference can include one or more partitions from your Location Partitions master definition.
You also prioritize each of the partition preferences you’ve defined for an organization to let the Optimizer know the organization’s first, second, third, and fourth choice partition preferences in order of preference.