Once your term is up and running and you're processing transactional updates through LYNX, most of your work is done. From time to time, you might need to do some maintenance tasks.
Check For Import Errors
Keep a close eye on your imports for potential errors and warnings. We recommend you do this daily and/or every time you manually import an extract set. Get in the regular habit of watching for problems so you can resolve them quickly.
See Reviewing Import Messages for more details.
Data Initialization For Workday/Ethos
If you have a cloud-based SIS, you may need to run the initialization process at certain points:
- Workday only: Whenever you add a new meeting pattern or instructor on a section, or make some other change that involves other sections, initialize course data for that term.
- Ethos only: Whenever you make any changes to a section's details in your SIS, initialize course data for that term.
- You can ignore either of the steps above if you set term codes to auto-initialize.
- Whenever you add new locations, departments, or other data that's not specific to a single term, initialize reference data.
- Whenever you define new courses, initialize reference data.
See Initializing Data in LYNX for more details on how to initialize course and reference data.
Clean Up 25Live
The Clean Up process in LYNX is designed to remove any classes or exams in 25Live that don't belong there. LYNX will identify any events that don't meet extract set criteria and give you the option to delete them all at once.
It's wise to run this process after making any changes to your extract set criteria.
Reminder: don't delete extract sets at the end of a term–archive them! Classes in an archived extract set won't be cleaned up by this process.
Troubleshooting and Support
If you have issues, feel free to contact CollegeNET to help.