There are five major functional areas of LYNX accessible from the main menu bar at the top of each page:
- Import to 25Live
- Export to SIS
The Home page is your initial landing page after logging into LYNX. It provides general System Setup information for your LYNX environment and a “System Health Monitor” with updates on the status of the connection to your SIS.
The Configuration menu option provides access to the Data Translations area of LYNX that allows you to define rules for how SIS section data should be translated into 25Live section data on import, to the Data Binding area of the Interface where you can define back-to-back sections and other section groups that aren’t cross-listed in the SIS but should be assigned to the same location for the same date(s)/time, and to the Settings area of the Interface where you set configuration options.
Import to 25Live
The Import to 25Live menu option provides access to the Section Import area where you define the sub-set of sections you want to import into 25Live from your SIS and import the sections for the first time, to the Location/Org area where you define the locations you want to import into 25Live from your SIS, to the 25Live Import Processes area which contains all the currently active and completed imports from the History tables to 25Live, and to the SIS Historical Tracking area which provides a record of all the times the History tables were updated (of benefit to technical users when troubleshooting).
Export to SIS
The Export to SIS menu option provides access to the Section Export area where you define the sub-set of sections you want to export to the SIS and export the sections for the first time, to the 25Live Export Processes area which contains all the currently active and completed exports from the History tables to the SIS, and to the SIS Historical Tracking area of LYNX which provides a record of all the times the History tables were updated (of benefit to technical users when troubleshooting).
The Utilities menu option provides access to the LYNX utilities:
- SIS Data Initialization: initialize the course section and reference data to be used by LYNX
- Import/Export Messages Utility: view import or export error, warning, and info messages for a selected date range
- Exam Import/Export Utility: manage exams imported from your SIS to 25Live (Campus Solutions and Universal versions only)
- Exam Creation Utility: create exams in 25Live based on rules which are applied to sections
- Clean Up 25Live Utility: perform a mass deletion of sections or exams that don't belong in 25Live