A common exam group refers to a group of sections that hold an exam at the same place and time rather than meeting separately. When you set up a group, only the first section listed will generate an exam (following exam creation rules).
The rest of the sections and the common exam will be related in 25Live. Links will appear between them on the Event Details page.
- If the exam is created as its own event, all of the sections will be related to it.
- If the exam is created as an additional segment of an event, the exam will be put on the primary section of the common exam group and all the other sections will be related to it.
To Add a Common Exam Group
- From the LYNX Utilities menu, choose Exam Creation.
- Choose the extract set containing the sections you want to create a common exam group for, then click Common Exam Groups.
- Click Add New Group to open the Add Group - Common Exam Group window.
- Enter a name for the group (40 characters maximum).
Select term codes as needed. The group can only contain sections within these terms.
- Select Meetings for the group.
- In the first Meetings Section Identifier field, begin entering the SIS unique identifier of the first section meeting pattern in the group, then choose it from the drop-down list. If you don’t know how to access the unique identifier, contact your SIS database manager. This becomes the "primary" section in the group.
- In the second Meetings Section Identifier field, begin entering the SIS unique identifier of another section meeting pattern in the group, then choose it from the drop-down list.
- To add more section meeting patterns to the group, click the Add New Value link.
- If you don’t want the group to be active at this time, select "No." The default is "Yes" (active).
- Click Submit.
To see the effects of creating the common exam group, make sure the group is active (see step 7 above), then run the exam creation process on the extract set. See "Related Articles" below.