Activating Edit Mode
Use the Edit Mode toggle at the top of any event, location, resource, or organization details view to turn on or off the ability to edit fields inline. When the toggle is on, edit icons appear next to many fields. Turn the toggle off to protect fields from accidental edits.
Guidelines for Adding Locations
- Because the location name or formal name appears in event web calendars you publish using the 25Live Publisher, make sure these names would make sense to the general public and comply with your location naming conventions
- You may want to review your Location Layouts, Features, and Categories master definitions
and possibly add new items to them for selection here. Having good groupings can greatly
assist 25Live users in searching for locations and in the Event Form
- When selecting layouts for the location, you can also specify the capacity of the location in each selected layout (the maximum capacity is entered by default) and/or the fill ratio you want to achieve in each selected layout
- You can also enter layout instructions and select layout photographs and diagrams from your image directory
- If you’ll be scheduling the location using the Schedule25 Optimizer, select the Partition of the location and, optionally, enter a Fill Ratio (default seat fill ratio) for the location. See the Schedule25 Optimizer help for information on how the Optimizer uses partitions and fill ratios in its class placement process
- If you’ll be using the Express Scheduling features of 25Live, enable Express Scheduling,
choose an Event Type, and optionally enter a Maximum Event Duration. For more information
- You can specify a Location Scheduler to automatically route new events that request the
location to that scheduler
- When selecting features of the location, you can also specify the quantity of each feature in the location
- When selecting custom attributes of the location, specify the value of each
- If you’ll be using X25, provide values for the X25 custom attributes. When X25 functionality is installed, these attributes are automatically added to the Location Custom Attributes master definition and made available for entry
- X25 Assignable Area
- X25 Building
- X25 Owner Organization
- X25 Floor Number
Types of Fields
Formal Names of Objects
The formal name field for locations, resources, organizations, or contacts can be edited by hovering your cursor over the name to reveal the editing icon () option.
For text-based fields, use the edit icon to enter the editing mode, make changes, then use the Save button. The Cancel button is available to exit editing mode without saving changes.
The same edit icon appears next to multi-line fields, like addresses, to allow editing.
Editing Large Text Fields
Some comment fields are large text fields and can only display plain text, such as those used in event details.
Some comment fields use rich text editors for inline editing that can render styles, images, and some HTML (such as links or embedded elements). Examples of uses include adding emphasis to text, images of resources, or 360-degree views of locations. Look for the rich text menus and controls to tell if the field accepts styled elements.
Image URL Fields
Image attached to custom attribute can be edited inline by using the Edit link above the image. You can then enter the URL of a hosted image.
Remove the image with the X link above-left of the image or a Remove link.
Dropdown Menu Fields
To edit any fields in Details views displayed as a drop-down menu, simply tap or click on the menu then scroll to select a choice. Some fields, such as Event Type, contact roles such as the Scheduler and Requestor, and Organization use a search field to make selecting your choice easier.
Changes will be saved immediately upon closing the menu.
To remove listed attached files, use the X icon. However, be aware that removing files is an immediate and irreversible action. Use the Choose File button to attach additional files to the event.
Multiple Selections (such as Categories)
Use the Add link in the Event Categories section to reveal a category list with checkboxes. Select as many as are needed then use the Done button to save your changes.
Toggled, Date-Based, Text, and Select Fields
Many fields have toggle or date controls, such as Custom Attributes.
Fields with a yes/no choice can be set on or off using the sliding toggle. When adding a new custom attribute, you must set the toggle before the attribute is saved as added. Simply tap or click on a date to select a new date. Type values into text fields. Select from dropdown lists. Changes will be saved immediately.
Custom Attribute with Discrete Dropdown Options
Administrators can define discrete dropdown options for user-defined event custom attributes of the text type in System Settings. To change options, choose from the list. Changes will be saved immediately.
Location relationships allow you define the inter-dependencies that exist among locations on your campus, such as which locations should always be assigned together, which locations are subdivisions of other locations, which locations are close to other locations, and so on.
You can define any of the following relationships for a location:
- Also Assign – Other locations that are also automatically assigned to an event when this location is assigned
- Blocked By – Other locations, that if already assigned for the same date and time, “block” (prevent) this location from being assigned
- Close To – Other locations that are close to this location. You determine what “close to” means.
- Divides Into – Other locations that are subdivisions of this location and, therefore, can’t be assigned for the same date and time
- Subdivision Of – Locations that are part of a larger location and, therefore, when assigned to an event, prevent the larger location from being assigned for the same date and time. It would not prevent other subdivisions of the larger location from being assigned for the same date and time
Use the Add Relationship button to start. Select the relationship type, then search to find the related item. Save your choices with the Done button. To remove a relationship, use the X next to the related object.
Locations, organizations, and resources can set notification policy, which generates tasks for specific users when those objects are added to an event.
To configure notification policy, select the following before clicking Save:
- The Approval Type
- The deadline for approval
- The user(s) who will receive the notification tasks
- The notification style for each user
For more information on these options, see Notification Policy in 25Live.
Special Field Types for Locations
In Location Details, toggles are used in the Hours section to allow a quick, convenient way to mark a location as Always Closed or Always Open rather than manually typing the hours. Note that when hours are typed in, the toggle moves to the middle position.
Layout Details and Images
You can edit the Max Capacity for the location in this subsection.
Each existing layout is listed with edit icons for the layout’s Capacity, Setup time, and Takedown time. You may also remove existing layouts using the ”X“ icon. Each layout’s name is a link you may use to access more details, including images, diagrams, and instructions.
Use the Add Layout dropdown menu to add a new layout for the location.
Image: When adding Location Layout diagrams or photos, you can choose to Select or Upload a new image.
When adding images/diagrams, you will have a choice to toggle between the ability to:
- Select - Use the links in the list to choose an image from your 25Live library
- Upload - Use the fields to type an Image Name, Image Description, then use the Upload a file button to add a new image
The Layout Details section also uses large text fields to allow adding, editing, or removing Default Instructions for each layout. This field only uses plain text.
How To Configure a Location For Express Scheduling
The location details view provides an inline editable capability to configure a location to be used with Express Scheduling.
- Scroll down to find the Express block in the location details view.
- Select a Default Event Type to be applied to this location for new express events.
- Use the edit icon to set the Maximum Event Duration allowed for express events in this location.
Express Scheduling does not bypass Object Security or Assignment Policy. Users reserving a location using Express Scheduling must have object security permission to see and assign the location, and the Assignment Policy for the location must be set to Assign/Unassign or higher. You may want to adjust location security settings.