Many types of Master Definitions feature the ability to add or remove items from "abridged lists" to hide items from users with limited permissions.
First, Set Up Proper Permissions For Groups
If a group has "No" marked for the security statement "Basic 13.0," then they will only see the "Abridged" list of event master definitions. For more, see Permissions in Series25 Group Administration.
How to Hide Custom Attribute Items
To access Master Definitions System Settings views, your 25Live user must have security permissions set in Series25 Group Administration for each of the types that you wish to access, including:
- Events: Admin: 6.0 Manage Event Master Lists
- Event Requirement Notification Policy: Admin: 7.0 Set Event Notification Policy
- Event Types: Admin: 5.2 Manage Event Type Hierarchy
- Locations: Admin: 10.2 Manage Location Master Lists
- Resources: Admin: 11.2 Manage Resource Master Lists
- Organizations: Admin: 13.4 Manage Organization Master Lists
- Organization Ratings: Admin: 13.6 Edit Organization Ratings
- Organization Partition Preferences: Admin: 13.8 Edit Organization Location Preferences
- Contacts: Admin: 12.1 Create and View all active and inactive Contact Master Lists
If you would like any of the described settings changed for your user, contact your 25Live administrator.
1. Go to the System Settings View
After logging into 25Live Pro as a user with appropriate permissions, open the More menu in the top navigation bar.
2. Tap or Click the Master Definitions Link
Use the menu link to go to the System Settings view, then view the Master Definitions section.
3. Use the Abridged Column on Available Items
Many master definition types offer an option to include or exclude items from an abridged list, including:
- Custom Attributes
- Org Types
Check the box in the Abridged column for these types to include them in the list of items that some groups can only see. Uncheck items to hide them from the abridged list.
4. For Event Custom Attributes, Utilize Other Display Options
If your instance(s) use event custom attributes, you can specify if each custom attribute is displayed on the Event Form, and/or on the Event Details and/or not all by checking or unchecking boxes in those columns.