This functionality requires the following permissions set in Series25 Group Administration:
- To setup Event Quotas in the Event Form Settings, you will need: Admin: 17.0 Update Event Creation = Yes
- To set an Event Quota for a security group, use the Select Security Groups button to select which security groups (that have Admin: 30.0 Override Event Quotas = No permission) this quota should be applied. If no security groups are selected, then the quota will apply to all groups that have Admin Override Event Quotas = No.
What Are Event Quotas?
Event quotas are limits on the number of occurrences (or "reservations") a user or organization can request per a given time period. (Note that the number of occurrences may not match the number of events.) For example, if a user has a two-occurrence quota per day, this limit would be met once the user creates...
- Two events that each have only one occurrence on a single day
- One event that has two occurrences on a single day
Event Quotas allow you to limit the number of occurrences that can be created...
- By any/all security groups
- By one or multiple organizations
Note: Caveats and Other Things to Keep in Mind
- Quotas aren't calculated until the event is submitted.
- Quotas do not apply to events that are in Cancelled or Draft event states.
- Quotas apply "retroactively". So if a user created occurrences before a quota is in place, those occurrences will count towards the quota limit once the quota has been created.
- When two or more quotas overlap, the more restrictive quota will be applied.
- Only completed location workflow is counted against users with request rights to a location. So, if there is still a pending workflow task, and the space hasn't been assigned, it will not count against that user's quota. If the request would be guaranteed to exceed their allotted quota time, regardless of the location request, they will still be denied based on the time restriction.
- A user's timezone might be different than the system timezone. An occurrence will be considered in the user's timezone when it comes to system and location quotas, and in the system's timezone when it comes to organization quotas. This is mostly relevant for occurrences spanning midnight.
Creating a New Event Quota
A new event quota can be created in the 25Live System Settings > Event Form Settings > Event Quotas.
Create a new event quota by selecting the Create New button and filling out the form.
- Name: Enter a name for your Event Quota configuration. This field is required.
- Type: Choose from User or Organization.
- Organizations: (Organization event quotas only) Select which organization(s) the quota configuration should be applied to
- State: Use the toggle to set the configuration to Inactive or Active.
- Occurrence Count: Enter a number or use the arrow buttons to set the limit of occurrences/reservations
- Total Time: Enter Days, Hours, and/or Minutes values to set a limit on the duration of occurrence time allotted
- Duration: Enter a number or use the arrow buttons, and choose from Days, Months, or Years, to set the time constraints of the entire configuration
- Application: Select if the quota should be applied to locations individually or to the entire group
- Individual: applies the quota configurations to the individual
- Example: A user is only able to reserve each of the three ARTS rooms twice per day. They create two ARTS-1 occurrences and two ARTS-2 occurrences, for a total of four occurrences. They have met the quota for both ARTS-1 and ARTS-2, but are free to make two more occurrences in ARTS-3.
- Group: applies the quota configurations to the entire group
- Example: A user is able to reserve any of the three ARTS rooms twice in one day. They reserve ARTS-1 once and ARTS-2 once, meeting their event quota at a total of two occurrences. They are unable to reserve any more time in ARTS-1, ARTS-2, or ARTS-3 for the remaining quota duration.
- Individual: applies the quota configurations to the individual
- Security Groups: Use the Select Security Groups button to select which security groups (that have Groups permission Admin: 30.0 Override Event Quotas = No.) this quota should be applied to. If no security groups are selected, then the quota will apply to all groups that have Admin: 30.0 Override Event Quotas set to No.
- Warning Message: Add a custom message that will be added to the end of the default quota warning. This field is optional.
Deleting Event Quotas
The Delete column is out of view by default. To delete an existing quota, you will need to add the Delete column to your quota table by selecting Choose Columns and ticking the Delete checkbox.
Then select Done to populate the Delete buttons.
There is no warning popup when deleting event quotas, so be sure that you are ready to delete the quota before clicking the Delete button.
Types of Quotas
Determines how many occurrences a user can create during a given time period.
For the example above, a user could only create 300 occurrences within a given calendar year. If they meet the 300 mark for this year, they will have to schedule any additional occurrences for next year.
Optional: Adding locations will add an additional layer to the quota, determining how many occurrences within a given location (or group of locations) a user can create during a given time period.
Determines how many occurrences can be created under a given organization and within a given time period. This quota can be applied to individual organizations or a group of organizations.
For the example above, the organization selected can create 20 occurrences within the month.
Optional: Adding locations will add an additional layer to the quota, determining how many occurrences within a given location (or group of locations) an organization can create during a given time period.
Note: Additional Organizations
Only organizations marked as the Primary Organization on an event will count against the limit for an Organization Type quota. Organizations set as an Additional Organization on an event will not.
What Happens When a User Meets a Quota?
Because Quotas are applied retroactively, users may receive quota warnings when editing events that were created before that quota was in place.
If a user selects a location in Express Scheduling when they've already met their quota, they will receive a warning:
If the user tries to save anyway, they receive an alert with the same message:
If a user adds an organization and hits that organization's quota, they'll receive the warning, "Reservation Quota Exceeded: This organization has exceeded its maximum number of occurrences by making X occurrences within Y Months. Please choose a different date for <DATE/TIME>"
If the user tries to save with this organization anyway, without changing the date: