The Demand by Time report shows how classes in each department are distributed.
Use this report to view and assess classroom demand across the day. The report compares demand over a daily time span with demand over a "critical range" from the selected data filter.
Questions the Demand by Time can help answer include:
- How does the demand for classrooms vary over the course of the day?
- How does the demand throughout the day vary by sponsoring department?
- Is there evidence that classes are frequently overflowing your standard class meeting patterns, creating pockets of space waste?
- The Mode selector lets you choose how to interact with the report in the matrix view:
- In Default mode, all departments are visible as separate charts. Clicking one expands just that chart to a larger size.
- In Select mode, you can checkboxes to select different departments and hide them (remove their charts from view) or compare them (remove all other charts).
- In Zoom mode, all departments are combined into a single high-resolution image that allows you to cursor over the chart and use your scroll wheel to zoom in and out.
- The Calculate Demand By option lets you choose whether to use Events, Meetings, or Headcounts to calculate the demand.
- The Schedule option lets you apply a standard schedule.
- The Group By option lets you choose whether each chart represents its own 25Live organization, college, or breakpoint group.
- Breakpoints: If Enrollment Breakpoints are selected in Group By, you can choose from an existing list or type your own custom breakpoints directly into the box.
- The Sort By dropdown let you specify how department data is sorted and displayed:
- Default - alphabetically
- By total number of meetings (high to low)
- By total number of meetings within the critical time range (high to low)
- By percentage of meetings within the critical time range (high to low)
- If you select this option, you are also able to set a target percentage range to check for all departments
- The Chart Display option lets you specify whether departments should be displayed in their own charts or combined into a single chart with the same horizontal axis.
- Check the Normalize Y-Axis checkbox to display each chart with the same range of meeting hours
Reading the Report
The X-axis shows the times of day.
The Y-axis shows the total count of class meetings at each point in time for the specified days.
The gray shading visible behind the demand data on the graphs shows the critical time range.
The red shading shows events that are not compliant with meeting patterns in the selected schedule.
The green shading shows events that are compliant with meeting patterns in the selected schedule.
- If a target range is checked, icons above each graph show whether the department is too high ( ), too low (), or on target () for the selected range
Assessing the Report Results
- What is the report showing you about classes?
- Are there any unexpected results?
- Is the impact on critical times what you expected?
- How might anomalies relating to demand be rectified?