Time mappings are similar to standard schedules in that they are lists of meeting patterns that represent standard time blocks for classroom scheduling. The difference is that instead of individual meeting patterns, each item in a Time Mapping list has both a Source meeting pattern and a Destination meeting pattern which are used in Optimizer Simulation Transformations to simulate the placement effects of changes to the meetings patterns in the snapshot being used.
The first example above would be used to simulate the placement effects of converting 7:00 am to 8:00 am Monday, Wednesday, Friday meeting patterns to 7:00 am to 8:30 am Tuesday, Thursday meeting patterns – a change in meeting pattern days.
The second example above would be used to simulate the placement effects of converting 3:10 pm to 4:00 pm Tuesday, Thursday meeting patterns to 3:00 pm to 3:50 pm Tuesday, Thursday meeting patterns – a change to "clean up" the class schedule so all classes have a consistent start time at the top of the hour.
When performing an Optimizer simulation run time mappings can be applied to some or all of the classes in each run to see the placement effects of specific changes.
Begin Creating or Editing a Time Mapping List
1. Open the Time Mapping Settings
With the Projects tab selected, click Time mappings under Settings on the left sidebar.
2. Create or Select a Time Map
- Click the Create button to start a new list.
- Select an existing list from the Time Maps drop-down.
3. Edit the Time Map Text
Edit the text in the Time Maps box to rename the currently selected list.
Add Meeting Pattern Mappings to a Time Mapping List
1. Select or Create a Time Mapping List
Select the list from the Time Maps drop-down or create a new time mapping list, as described above.
2. Select the Source Meeting Pattern(s) you Want to add
Select your desired snapshot from the Snapshots drop-down.
To assist in finding the right meeting patterns, sort the list by any of the following columns:
- Start/End - the start and end times of the meeting pattern
- Dur - the duration (in minutes) of the meeting pattern
- Days - the days of week on which the meeting pattern is held
- Classes - the number of classes in the selected snapshot which have this meeting pattern
- Added - whether the meeting pattern is already present in the currently selected list
Click to select each meeting pattern you want to add to the list or Hold "shift" and click to select multiple meeting patterns.
3. Define the Destination Meeting Pattern
Type a start time and end time for the meeting pattern (24-hour format).
Click the days of week for the meeting pattern.
Click the Add Mappings button to add the selected patterns to the list. All selected patterns on the left (source) will be mapped to the pattern defined in the middle (destination).
In this example, the Source 14:55 - 15:35 MWF meeting pattern is mapped to the Destination 15:00 - 16:30 MWF meeting pattern.
Remove Meeting Patterns From or Delete a Time Mapping List
1. Select the List From the Time Maps Dropdown
2. Remove or Delete
- Click the X next to a meeting pattern to remove it from the list.
- Click the Remove All button to remove all meeting patterns from the list.
- Click the Delete button to delete the list.