Standard schedules are lists of generic meeting patterns that represent the basic time blocks of your class schedule. They are used by the Schedule Distribution report to indicate when classes don't conform to a common scheduling pattern.
A meeting pattern on a schedule list includes a start time and end time (in 24-hour notation) and days of the week (represented by the abbreviations MTWRFSU). For example:
- 08:00-09:00 MWF indicates a class that meets from 8:00 am to 9:00 am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 13:00-14:50 TR indicates a class which meets from 1:00 pm to 2:50 pm on Tuesday and Thursday
The meeting patterns in a standard schedule list can be added from the meeting patterns present in an existing snapshot or can be defined by hand.
To Begin Creating or Editing a Standard Schedule List
- With the Projects tab selected, click Standard schedules on the left sidebar under Settings.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Create button to start a new list.
- Select an existing list from the Schedules drop-down.
- Edit the text in the Schedules box to rename the currently selected list.
To Add Patterns From a Snapshot to a Standard Schedule List
- Select the list from the Schedules drop-down or create a new standard schedule list, as described above.
- Select "Existing snapshot" from the Add patterns from drop-down.
- Select your desired snapshot from the Snapshots drop-down.
- To assist in finding the right meeting patterns, sort the list by any of the following columns:
- Start/End - the start and end times of the meeting pattern
- Dur - the duration (in minutes) of the meeting pattern
- Days - the days of week on which the meeting pattern is held
- Classes - the number of classes in the selected snapshot which have this meeting pattern
- Added - whether the meeting pattern is already present in the currently selected list
- Click to select each meeting pattern you want to add to the list or Hold "shift" and click to select multiple meeting patterns.
- Click the Add Patterns button to add the selected patterns to the list on the right.
To Add Custom Meeting Patterns to a Standard Schedule List
- Select a list from the Schedules drop-down or create a new standard schedule list, as described above.
- Select "Custom creation" from the Add patterns from drop-down.
- Type a start time and end time for the meeting pattern (24-hour format).
- Click the days of week for the meeting pattern.
- Click the Add Pattern button to add the pattern to the list on the right.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 to add more patterns.
In the example above, two custom patterns have been added and a third is ready to be added.
To Remove Meeting Patterns From or Delete a Standard Schedule List
- Select the list from the Schedules drop-down.
- Do whichever of these is appropriate:
- Click the X next to a meeting pattern to remove it from the list.
- Click the Remove All button to remove all meeting patterns from the list.
- Click the Delete button to delete the list.