25Live Pro allows you to add discrete options in the form of dropdown choices to event custom attributes you or your administrator(s) have defined. This functionality allows you to let event creators more accurately convey information with limited choices rather than a freeform text field.
Dropdown options for custom attributes show in the Event Details view and can be edited inline.
How To Access Master Definitions
To access Master Definitions System Settings views, your 25Live user must have security permissions set in Series25 Group Administration for each of the types that you wish to access, including:
- Events: Admin: 6.0 Manage Event Master Lists
- Event Requirement Notification Policy: Admin: 7.0 Set Event Notification Policy
- Event Types: Admin: 5.2 Manage Event Type Hierarchy
- Locations: Admin: 10.2 Manage Location Master Lists
- Resources: Admin: 11.2 Manage Resource Master Lists
- Organizations: Admin: 13.4 Manage Organization Master Lists
- Organization Ratings: Admin: 13.6 Edit Organization Ratings
- Organization Partition Preferences: Admin: 13.8 Edit Organization Location Preferences
- Contacts: Admin: 12.1 Create and View all active and inactive Contact Master Lists
If you would like any of the described settings changed for your user, contact your 25Live administrator.
1. Go to the System Settings View
After logging into 25Live Pro as a user with appropriate permissions, open the More menu in the top navigation bar.
2. Tap or Click the Master Definitions Link
Use the menu link to go to the System Settings view, then view the Master Definitions section.
How to Add Discrete Options
Text type event custom attributes have a special ability to add Discrete Options.
1. Open the Event Submenu Under Custom Attributes
Go to the Custom Attributes > Event section.
2. Use the Show Button to Reveal Options
Any custom attribute that is of the type to allow discrete options will have a Show button next to it. Use the button to reveal the option actions.
3. Name and Arrange Options
Type a name for each option. Use the Add button again to add more. You can change the order of the options using the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
4. Save Your Changes
Use the Save button to save and return to the Events Custom Attributes list.