Data filters in X25 Analytics (previously called "parameter sets") narrow down the contents of a snapshot for use with reports, treemaps, and other metrics. You can jump right into X25 Analytics without using any filters, but creating one will help you get the most out of your analysis.
There are four areas for filter options: Dates & Times, Head Counts, Events, and Locations.
Dates and Times
This group of settings will determine absolute boundaries for the data that is included in a filtered snapshot. If an event has dates that fall outside the specified options, then they will not appear on reports.
If an event straddles the edge of a range (for example, an event lasts from 2-4 pm and the time range ends at 3:00 pm, or a class meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday but only Monday is selected) then it is handled in one of two ways:
- By default, the event is truncated and only the parts of it which fall within the range are included for analysis.
- If "Include Overhanging Events" isn't selected in the Events section, then no part of the event will be included; the entire event is filtered out.
By default, when you start creating a new data filter each date/time option is configured so that the entire snapshot falls within their range.
Date Time Options:
- Weekday Selector
- Dates (range)
- Times (range)
- Critical Time (range): Affects several reports and metrics by highlighting a specified time range. This is useful if you want to call out a specific portion of the day for special scheduling restrictions or other unique considerations.
- Maximum Passing Time: Affects utilization calculations by specifying the number of minutes after each event's end time when the location should be considered "in use".
There are two settings that affect how headcount calculations are made and appear near the Date/Time options.
- Sum Bound Head Counts: Toggles how enrollment is calculated on bound events. If enabled, the headcount of every reservation is adjusted to the summed value if bound events are involved. If multiple events that are bound together exist in one table, the headcount will only be counted toward the total once (i.e., from the primary or interim-primary event).
Summed Found Head Count Example
(assuming all sections are bound and ACCT 101 is primary)
- ACCT 101, headcount = 10 → head count = 30
- ACCT 102, headcount = 10 → head count = 30
- ACCT 103, headcount = 10 → head count = 30
- The Expected Headcount & Registered Headcount: Toggles whether expected or registered headcount is used to calculate enrollment.
- Capacity (range): Narrows the snapshot so that it only includes locations of a specific size. This can be calculated by the location's Maximum Capacity or Default Layout.
- Max Capacity & Default Layout Capacity
Clicking any of the checkbox options will reveal a list of items associated with the snapshot. Select these items to filter the snapshot accordingly.
- With These Owner Organizations: Displays options currently in the “X25 Owner Organization“ custom attribute
- With These Features
- In These Partitions
- In These Buildings
- Having Room Codes
- Exclude Unoccupied Locations: Excludes empty rooms from data to show a more accurate picture of location use
- Specific Individual Rooms
- Headcount (range): Filters the snapshot based on the expected or registered headcount of the events, depending on which is selected above.
- Duration (range): Adds a filter based on the length of the event, in minutes.
Clicking any of the checkbox items will reveal a list of items associated with the snapshot (features and partitions). Select these items to filter the snapshot accordingly. When partitions are selected, events are included in the snapshot if they have preferences for these partitions directly or if they belong to an organization with a preference.
- Include Overhanging Events: Determines whether the snapshot truncates events to fit the date/time options or excludes them.
- If selected, then events will be filtered out if they do not fit entirely within the selected date/time options. Otherwise, only the portions of events that fall outside the range will be removed from the snapshot
- In the Filtered Locations: Ensures that events are filtered out if they are not assigned to a location matching the filter options above
- Sponsored by These Organizations (With options to select from an Alphabetical list or By College)
- With These Feature Preferences
- With These Partition Preferences
- Specific Individual Events