If you are configuring custom attributes to add images to events in Publisher, take note of the instructions for Event Custom Attributes in Preparing 25Live for Optimal Use with Publisher - Data Preparation.
Event Custom Attributes
Event Custom Attributes normally do not function as search parameters for publishing event feeds, but the following three custom attributes play a role within Publisher for specific functionality:
- Event Image (File Reference data type): This should be a thumbnail-sized image.
- Detail Image (File Reference data type): This should be a larger-sized version of the Event Image. It will display in the Event Description details when a user opens an event from a 25Live Publisher calendar.
- Both the Event Image and Detail Image are used as part of photo-driven calendars and promotional spuds in 25Live Publisher.
- For information on adding images to events, please see Adding Images to Events in 25Live.
- Featured Level (String data type): Used in calendars to show a subset of a feed based off the text in this custom attribute.
As file reference data types, these two custom attributes merely need to contain a link to an image that you want to populate the calendar published via 25Live Publisher.
Editing Custom Attribute Images
Please note that when updating an image in a custom attribute, you will need to also update the filename. If the existing and new filenames are the same, Publisher calendars will not detect a change and your image will not be updated.