The CollegeNET event import service allows you to import events into 25Live from any non-SIS third party data source (for example, Outlook) provided you can convert them to CSV format.
There are three steps to the import.
- Create a CSV file of the events you want to import, following specific formatting rules.
- Import the CSV file using the instructions below.
- Review and correct any error and warning messages from the import.
Once an event imported via events.csv has been edited in 25Live, you can no longer re-import it via events.csv.
The primary purpose of this process is for one-time imports of large amounts of events, such as when you are converting from another calendar system. However, the import process can be used to update/overwrite existing events as long as they...
- Have been imported through the CSV event import service at some point
- Share an EVENT_ID
- Have not been edited in 25Live since the time they were imported
Note: Required preparation
Make sure you have all of the following before beginning the import process:
- The import requires a username in the System Administrator (-1) security group.
- CSV import must be enabled for your environment by CollegeNET. Contact your Series25 account manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We recommend using a good text editor with global search and replace functionality (such as Notepad++) as well as a spreadsheet program capable of exporting to .csv (such as Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc, or CSVed).
Importing a CSV File
Follow these steps to import events into 25Live:
1. Navigate to the Data Import Tool
Select the Data Import Tool from the Go to Tool section of the 25Live More menu.
2. Open and Import a File
In the top-right of the Data Import Tool dashboard, select Import Events CSV
Click Choose File to find and select the CSV file containing the events you want to import into 25Live. See CSV Event Import Formatting Guidelines for instructions on formatting this file.
Once a file is selected, click Import File.
3. Review the Import
If the file is improperly formatted, you will receive the following message: *.csv was not uploaded successfully. Please ensure that you are using a valid CSV file. Check the file, ensure that all the column headers are correct, and contact email@example.com for further assistance with formatting.
If the file is accepted, congratulations! You will receive an email with the details of the import. Continue to the next step to determine if there are any import warning or error messages that require your attention.
Check your email inbox for a message with the import results. This message can be a little technical if you are unfamiliar with it, so here's a closer explanation of its contents.
Once an event imported via events.csv has been edited in 25Live, you can no longer reimport it via events.csv.
|The import process for group [Import ID = 2381] into SaaS environment 'yourschool' has been completed on 2020-12-28T11:22:21.820-08:00.
Out of a total of 100 event(s):
For a quick view of import errors/warnings for the events, which are transformed to vCal format, in [Import ID = 2381]:
For more detail regarding vCal import errors/warnings in general, see:
This automated message was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by CollegeNET SaaS Support.
Alternatively, you can run the SIS Import Messages report in 25live Reports for errors and warnings.
4. Update and Reimport
Update your CSV file with any necessary changes and follow the steps above again to reimport it. You may find it more efficient to edit your CSV file and only reimport the events that had warning or error messages.
If you've run through the directions and are still experiencing issues, please contact our Support team.