25Live Publisher calendars are populated by searches, whether you want to publish a:
- Static group of specific events
- Dynamic search for events
How To Create an Event Search to Populate a Publisher Calendar
1. Sign In or Masquerade as the Publisher User
Tip: Make Sure Your Instance Has a Publisher Account
If your institution hasn't created a publisher user account, see Building a Generic Publisher User Account.
If you have access to the username and password for the "Publisher Seat" account, sign into 25Live as that user.
Alternatively, if you are an administrator with access to the Masquerade feature, you can use it to act as the Publisher user when creating your search.
2. Determine the Type of Search You Need to Create
Search for Specific Events
If publishing a set group of specific events, use:
...to construct a search that will find only the events you want to publish.
A Dynamic Search for Events
Determining How to Include Events on Calendars
If You Want...
Then, Create Your Search Using...
A calendar that requires workflow (approvals)
Event Requestors to be able to select the calendar to publish (or not publish) to
Schedulers to review events and determine what calendars they should be on
Events to be placed on calendars based on conditional elements on the Event Form
To learn best practices when creating a dynamic search for events, see Creating Effecting Searches for 25Live Publisher Calendar Feeds. You will learn more about how to create these types of searches:
- Event Search Based on a Single Calendar Event Category
- Event Search Based on a Single Calendar Resource
- Event Search Based on One or More Event Types
- Event Search Based on Assigned Location(s)
- Event Search Based on Sponsoring Organization
Tip: Setting Up Associated Workflows
To efficiently continue adding events to your calendar search feed, you can create an associated workflow and adjust event form configurations and master definitions to accommodate.
3. Test & Send Your Event Search to 25Live Publisher
Run your search to test that only the events you wish to include are in the search results. Then, follow the steps in the Sending Events to 25Live Publisher topic to complete the process.
Learn More About Types of Published Calendars
Our expert trainers have put together a guide to Understanding the Differences Between Top-Level and Mixed-In Calendars.
If you would like more help using 25Live Publisher, take advantage of our Series25 course offerings.
- 25Live Publisher Overview
- 25Live Troubleshooting - Publisher