Creating an Evaluation Term
1. Choose Terms and Sessions From the Configuration Menu
2. Use the Create New Term Link
3. Fill out the Form Fields:
- Copy Term: If copying a term, make sure this field shows the appropriate term, otherwise be sure to select it from the dropdown list.
- Note that if you select "--" instead of an actual term, you will attempt to create a new term without copying an existing term. This will result in a new term without evaluation questions, categories, or forms associated with it, creating a blank or unusable evaluation form. Evaluations will not be conducted unless you create evaluation questions and categories prior to the selected Term Start date.
- Also copy announcements: Deselect this checkbox if you do not want to copy the term's announcements
- Title: Evaluation term title that is shown in all Term dropdown menus
- Description: Evaluation term description
- ID: This value should match the term ID in the data file you send CollegeNET each term
- Start (date and time): Enter (or click the calendar control and select) the start date of the evaluation term. Next, enter the term’s start time or choose it from the dropdown list.
- The start date can’t be changed after the start of the evaluation period, so make sure you’ve set both dates correctly.
- End (date and time): Enter (or click the calendar control and select) the end date of the evaluation term. Then, enter the term’s end time or choose it from the dropdown list.
- Reports (date and time): Enter (or click the calendar control and select) the date you want reports to be made available for this term. Next, enter the time you want them available or select it from the dropdown list. Then, enter (or click the calendar control and select) the date and time you want reports to be made available to students for this term.
- Student Reports (date and time) Sets the date that students can view the term or session reports. Students cannot view reports before the date and time you enter in these fields. The announcement for student report availability is based on the Student Reports date, not the Report field information.
- If the Student Reports date is set after the date and time in the Reports field above it, instructors will be able to view the reports before the students do.
- If a Student Reports date is not set, then the student's actual report date is based on the Report field date/time.
- Comment Flagging (data and time): This option will only display if Comment Flagging is enabled in your Institution Settings. If so, you can set a comment flagging period by specifying exact Comment Flagging start and end dates. To prevent comment flagging, leave blank.
4. Click Create New Term
The evaluation term you just created is now listed in the term dropdown list.
Note: If you have questions about the form copy process or need changes made to your evaluation form, email email@example.com to send your questions or needed changes.
Adding a New Session
If you need to define independent evaluation periods within your new evaluation term, follow these steps:
1. Click the Settings () Button to the Right of the Term Information
2. Choose Add New Session
Sessions are useful if courses within an academic term vary in length; for example, summer courses. Evaluation sessions allow you to manage multiple evaluation periods within a single evaluation term, ensuring that evaluation results for all courses appear on the same reports for the term, despite evaluation session variances.
3. Fill out the Fields
- Enter the Title, Description, and ID of the session in the appropriate fields.
- Enter (or click the calendar control and select) the Start date of the session, and enter the session’s start time or choose it from the dropdown list.
- Enter (or click the calendar control and select) the End date of the session, and enter the session’s end time or choose it from the dropdown list.
- You can’t change the evaluation start date after the start of the evaluation session, so make sure you’ve set both dates correctly.
- Enter (or click the calendar control and select) the date you want reports to be made available for this session, and enter the time you want them available or choose it from the dropdown list.
4. Click Create New Session
Bulk Adding Multiple Sessions
1. Use the Upload New Sessions Option in the Settings () Menu
This allows you to bulk upload new sessions to an existing term. Please note that this option is only available when a term takes place in the future or when a term is open but has no data or is session-based.
2. Use the Choose File Button to Select an Excel File to Upload
You will need to verify that the columns are in the correct order:
- Session ID
- Session Title
- Session Description
- Start Date
- End Date
- Report Date
- Student Report Date
Note: Start and End Date Format
When entering a date in the Start Date and End Date fields, be sure to verify that these Excel cells are set to accept a Date format using Format Cells.
4. Click Upload
For more information, please see Archiving Terms in Eval25, Removing a Term From the Archive, & Editing an Evaluation Term and its Associated Sessions