To access the custom Event Form configurations and settings, you must have appropriate permissions. If you cannot access these views and wish to, please contact your 25Live Administrator and request permission Admin: 17.0 Update User Group Configurations and Preferences in Permissions in Series25 Group Administration.
The Event Form is where 25Live users create and edit events. Users with appropriate permissions can create custom configurations to control various aspects of the Event Form for different security groups, including many settings for the whole form, hiding fields, customizing field names, adding or customizing help text for fields, requiring fields, and more.
The settings for custom Event Form configurations allow you to craft the experience for each security group. You can even create different configurations for the same security group based on whether they're creating or editing an event. Use the setting in the Series25 Group Administration tool to set which configuration is the default for each security group when creating and editing.
How to Create or Edit a Custom Event Form Configuration
1. Open Event Form Config Settings in System Settings
After logging into 25Live Pro as an administrator or user with permissions to access this feature, open the More menu in the top navigation bar.
Use the menu link to go to the System Settings view.
Go to the the Event Form Settings section, then select Config Settings.
2. Select Whether to Edit or Create a New Config
If you've already created one or more configurations, use the Select a config to edit dropdown menu to edit.
You can create a new config using the Add Config button.
3. Complete Initial General Configuration Settings
The first few settings are the most basic overall settings for this configuration:
- Configuration Name - Use the edit icon () to add a descriptive name that will help you identify the config when choosing it for security groups. Is this config for approvers? For students? For staff requestors?
- Help Message - Optionally, you can add a help message and/or instructions for the overall form that will appear above the fields.
- Default Config - Toggle to Yes to make this the default config for security groups that don't have a custom configuration explicitly set for them in the Group Administration tool.
4. Set the Remaining General Config Options
The remaining general settings that apply to the whole configuration cover how the whole Event Form will behave in this config, and include:
- Automatically Add Custom Attributes - If you have custom attributes set up without related rules, toggle this setting to have all of those automatically appear on the form
- Allow Spans Midnight Events - Toggle to allow an event to begin on one day and end the next day or after
- Show All Day Toggle - Set to Yes to display an All Day checkbox on the event form in the event's time section. Once selected users can check the box to automatically set the event time to 12:00AM-11:59PM
- Allow Add/Remove Segments - If your institution uses event segments, toggle this setting to allow them
- Use Recommended Resources (instead of resource search) - You can show a list of recommended resources based on rule settings
- Allow Silent Save (skip Event Save and Wizard Config emails) - Set to Yes to allow users to save an event without triggering emails
- Default Event Type - Use this to set a default event type for the form (Recommended best practice)
- Allow Repeating Pattern - Set to No if you don't want to allow users to create repeating events with this configuration
- Repeating Pattern Help Message - If you are allowing repeating events, you can add help and instructions for users
5. Complete Item Settings for Each Event Form Field
Tip: You Can Re-order Event Form Fields In Item Settings
The Event Form Configuration settings include the ability to re-order the form fields within the Item Settings section. Use the drag-and-drop handle () to the left of each item title to drag and re-order items.
Warnings and Best Practices:
- Please be aware that some fields will not display or be editable until an Event Type is chosen by the user. We recommend keeping the Event Type field above all items that depend on its value or setting a default Event Type for configurations.
- Be careful when moving some fields, such as Locations or Resources, above the Event Date field to not confuse users or cause them to find new selections.
Using the Item Settings, you can choose which fields to include, the field name, whether or not each is required, add help text, and set whether help text is automatically displayed. You can change the order of fields in the Event Form using the drag-and-drop handles.
Each Event Form field has the following options available to set:
- Display Name - Edit the default field label
- Visibility Level - Choices for whether fields display and if they are required
- Not Visible - Does not display on the form
- View Only - Displays but is read-only
- Editable - Visible and editable
- Required - Visible, editable, and required for submission
Note: If Locations or Resources Are Required
If your configuration requires a location and/or resource, the user will be required to set one for each event occurrence.
- Help Message - Add help and/or instructions for this field using an HTML editor that allows font styles and colors
- Auto Open Help Message - Check this option to have the help text automatically displayed. If not checked, the user must toggle the help open to read
Note: Defaults for Hidden Fields
Hidden fields that are essential to the system will be given a default value. For example:
- A not visible Event Date/Time will default to the current date and time with a single, one-hour occurrence
- The Event State will default to the user's chosen default or the system's (or the first allowed state, which are set up in Group Administration). When editing an event, the event type saved on the event overrides the default
- Event Name will default to "event_[event ID]"
6. Save the Custom Configuration
The action buttons move with your view as you scroll and are always available at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Use the Save button at any time and when you're done with all settings.
- The Delete Config button will delete the current configuration (after confirming) and return you to the initial Config Settings view
- Cancel allows you to exit this config editing or creation without saving, returning you to the initial view
- When editing, you have the option to use the Copy Config button to create a new configuration based on the current one.
Selecting Configurations for Security Groups
Images: The Series25 Group Administration tool has settings for selecting configurations for each security group.
After creating or editing a custom Event Form configuration, you can put it to use by setting it as the config to use for certain security group(s) in the Series25 Group Administration tool. Use the More menu in the top navigation bar in 25Live, then open the Go to Tool group to go to Group Administration.
The Default Settings are configurations that are applied system-wide across all of your event forms.
- Default Event State - Adjust this to set the default event state for event forms that don't have a specified default event state.
- See Event State Default to learn more.
- Copy Requestor - When set to Yes, the event requestor on an event will copy over to the new event.