Click here to view related articles.
|Creating a Custom Report|
|Adding Report Sections and Components|
|Settings and Report Bindings|
|Working with the Custom Reports List|
|Granting Users Report Builder Permissions|
|Setting Report Access|
Users with Build Report permissions can complete the following steps to create a custom report. Users are only able to create reports for groups of courses that fall within the Access Restrictions.
The four default reports in the Eval25 Report Browser are the Ratings Summary Report, Comments Report, Individual Responses Report, and Instructor Report (if it is available for your school). These can be cloned or copied as the basis for creating custom reports, but they cannot be edited or deleted. If they are not needed, they can be unpublished.
1. Choose Custom Reports from the Configuration menu.
The Custom Reports page lists each custom report in the Report Title column, along with the Report Type, Access—whether the report is Live (published) or not—and the report’s assigned Priority level.
This page also contains quick task buttons for report editing, publishing, deleting, and cloning.
Tip: The Custom Reports List is Sortable
Click on the top columns (title, type, access, live, and priority) to sort according to that column.
2. Enter the number in the field and click the Save button to set the priority.
- Priority dictates the priority of the reports in the dropdown menu located at the upper right of all course reports. The lower the number, the higher it displays. For example, a report with a priority of 10 displays above a report with a priority of 20.
3. Click Add Report at the bottom of the page to create a new report.
4. In the Create a New Report window, enter an identifiable name for the new report in the Report Title field. This is the name users will see when searching for a report.
5. From the Form dropdown list, select the evaluation form to be associated with this report. Select all if there is no need to select specific questions or categories to be included.
6. Click Create Report. This action displays a Custom Reports page where you can add sections, components (such as charts), add bindings for the report, and allow/restrict access for user groups (such as students or instructors).
When a new report first displays, it shows just the header information for an evaluated class. Once you add a section, you can build the report by adding charts and HTML.
You can also add, move, or remove fields that display on the class header. By clicking the edit button to the right of the class header, you can see the current information fields in the Left Column display and the Right column display.
- To add a new field to a column, select it from the Available data fields column and click an arrow button to place it in the left or right column.
- To remove a field from a left or right column, select it and click an arrow button to place it into the Available data fields column.
The order of the information in the class header cannot be changed. To change it, you need to remove the information and then add it back in the order you want to see.
Previewing the Report
- Within your custom report, select the Preview tab.
- Click the Term dropdown list and select a term to view in the report.
- Click the Course dropdown list and select a course to view in the report. Once you select a course, the report will display.
Preview doesn’t auto-adjust; you need to refresh the browser or select a different course to view any changes made.