To copy an organization, your 25Live user must have appropriate permissions set in Group Administration:
- Admin: 13.0 Create, Edit and Copy Organizations
You will also need either of the following sets of privileges:
Accessed via the More Options display when Viewing Organization Details, 25Live provides users with sufficient permission the ability to use the current organization they are viewing as a base to create a new organization using the Copy Organization option.
How to Copy an Organization to Create a New Organization
1. Go to an Organization's Details View
Find the organization you would like to use as a base or template for your new organization, and go to its details view. You can do this by using favorited links from your home dashboard, searches, or when viewing calendars or availability grids.
2. Open the More Options Display
Use the More Actions link to open the display in the organization's details view.
3. Use the Copy Organization Link, And Complete Fields
Open the Copy Organization options view, then complete the information needed for your new organization.
- Organization Name - The unique, short name for your new organization (i.e. ENGLISH DEPT)
- Note: Be sure to remove the automatically added "(Copy)" text
- Formal Name - The longer, more descriptive name of the organization (for example, Department of English, School of Arts and Sciences, Smithtown Campus)
- Copy Security - Optional checkboxes that allow you to copy the security policies related to this organization:
- Notification Policy - Specifies the individual or individuals that need to receive a notification when an event using the data item is created or changed
- Object Level Security - Security that controls security group access to individual 25Live objects, including spaces, resources, cabinets, folders, events, organizations, and reports
4. Save Your New Organization
Use the Copy and Edit button to save your new organization's information and view its details in Edit Mode to add more details.
Tip: You May Also Choose to Create Another
You may also use the Copy and Create Another button to create an additional organization copy using the same settings and information you just completed.