To copy a location, your 25Live user must have appropriate permissions set in Group Administration:
- Admin: 10.0 Create, Edit and Copy Locations
You will also need either of the following sets of privileges:
Accessed via the More Options display when Viewing Location Details, 25Live provides users with sufficient permission the ability to use the current location they are viewing as a base to create a new location using the Copy Location option.
How to Copy a Location to Create a New Location
1. Go to a Location's Details View
Find the location you would like to use as a base or template for your new location, and go to its details view. You can do this by using favorited links from your home dashboard, searches, or when viewing calendars or availability grids.
2. Open the More Options Display
Use the More Actions link to open the display in the location's details view.
3. Use the Copy Location Link, And Complete Fields
Open the Copy Location options view, then complete the information needed for your new location.
- Location Name - The unique, short name for your new location (i.e. BUILDING 101)
- Note: Be sure to remove the automatically added "(Copy)" text
- Formal Name - The longer, more descriptive name of the location (for example, Student Center Meeting Room 101)
- Copy Security - Optional checkboxes that allow you to copy the security policies related to this location:
- Assignment Policy - Policies that specify which security groups can assign individual spaces or resources to events and when
- Notification Policy - Specifies the individual or individuals that need to receive a notification when an event using the data item is created or changed
- Object Level Security - Security that controls security group access to individual 25Live objects, including spaces, resources, cabinets, folders, events, organizations, and reports
4. Save Your New Location
Use the Copy and Edit button to save your new location's information and view its details in Edit Mode to add more details.
Tip: You May Also Choose to Create Another
You may also use the Copy and Create Another button to create an additional location copy using the same settings and information you just completed.