To edit object security, your security group will need one of the following permissions set in Group Administration for that object type:
- Admin: 10.3. Set Location Object Security
- Admin 11.5 Set Resource Object Security
- Admin 13.1 Set Organization Object Security
- Admin 19.2 Set Report Security
Object Security determines who is allowed to view, edit, copy, and delete objects. Locations, organizations, reports, and resources all use the same steps to configure their object security.
Looking to Configure Event Security?
Events have additional configuration options that other objects don't have. For information on configuring event object security, see: Configuring Object Security for Events, Folders, and Cabinets
1. Select Groups and an Object Security Type
- In Series25 Group Administration, select one or more groups you'd like to configure
- Select the Configure... button. Then, choose one of the following options:
- Location Security
- Organization Security
- Report Security
- Resource Security
2. Search for Objects
- From the dropdown menu, select a search or use a keyword to display a list of objects to edit
- Under Choose Security Type to View, select Object Security
- A list of search results will appear with a column for each security group's current settings.
- Use any of the filter options to narrow the search results:
- Select a different search or security option at any time
- Type an object's name into the search box
- Click Show Differences to see only objects where at least one security group has different settings than the others
- Note: not available when searches include more than 1000 results
3. Select Objects to Update
- Select any number of objects you wish to change and click Edit Selected Locations/Resources.
Tip: Get Info About Objects
Use the “i” info icon in the Details column to view more information about locations, resources, and organizations.
4. Edit and Save
- Edit Details
- Security groups are listed down the left-hand side. The objects you are editing are displayed at the top. Use the Return to Configure Security... button to go back to the previous selection without saving.
- Next, select an object security level for each group:
- Not Visible
- View Only
- Edit, Delete, Copy
For more information about these options, see Object Security.
- Save your changes