Configuration Setting Groups
LYNX contains a number of settings that allow you to configure it to meet your SIS-25Live integration requirements, grouped as:
- General Settings that pertain to overall LYNX processing
- Event Settings that pertain to academic section data
- Continuing Education Settings that pertain to continuing education section data
- Location Settings that pertain to location data
- Organization and Contact Configuration Settings that pertain to organization and contact data
- Exam Creation Settings that pertain to exam data
- Exam Import/Export Settings that pertain to exam data
- Workday API Integration Settings that pertain to the Workday API user and terms you want automatically initialized
Only configuration settings that are applicable to your SIS are displayed in LYNX, although all settings are described in this documentation.
Set and "Forget"
These settings generally don't need to be changed after the initial setup. If you're preparing for LYNX use, read on, but if you've already set the configuration options and your scheduling process hasn't changed since last term you don't need to do anything.
To Access and Use Configuration Settings
- Choose Settings from the LYNX Configuration menu to go to the Settings page.
Note: Only the Campus Solutions and Universal versions of the Interface have an Exam Import/Export Settings category, and only the Workday version of the Interface has an API Integration Settings category.
- Click each settings group in turn, and follow the guidelines (accessible via the links in "Configuration Setting Groups" above) to appropriately configure settings in that group for your environment. After you've configured settings in a group, click Back to return to the Settings page where you can select the next group to configure.
No Save Button For Configuration Settings
There is no explicit Save button for configuration settings. Any changes you make to these settings are saved automatically and applied immediately.