What are Email Notifications?
Email Notifications are used to notify interested parties about the status of each type of task—Assignment Policy, Notification Policy, and To Do. This is a good way to alert users who aren't in 25Live every day of their tasks, or notify requestors of event approval when not leveraging event state.
Each security group can be separately configured to receive one or each type of task email. Each type of task can also be configured separately. (So Assignment Tasks might generate emails, while To Do tasks might not).
Emails are sent to:
- Approvers who are assigned tasks on an event within 25Live
- Requestors of items once their task is approved or denied
- Schedulers of the event when all tasks are complete
- Anyone who is assigned a To Do task
Emails are sent from:
Emails can be configured to send out once a day or every 5 minutes. In either case, a single email is sent with a list of all tasks assigned since the last email. Daily emails are sent around 3AM Pacific time each day.
The email notification text is shown below. This is not customizable.
Enabling/Disabling Automatic Email Notifications
Use the Email Settings task tab to enable or disable automatic email task notifications and, if enabled, set time intervals for each security group to receive assignment policy, notification policy, To Do, and “all tasks completed” notification emails.
- In Series25 Group Administration, select one or more groups and click Configure... Email Notification
- In the Configure Email Notification Settings screen, there is an option to enable or disable automatic email notifications. Please note that this is system-wide setting and is not specific to the security group(s) being edited.
- To Disable email notifications, select Disable Automatic Email Notifications (no further action is needed).
Tip: Use the Info Icons Next to Each Tab Title For Descriptions
Each tab (Assignment Policy Email, Notification Policy Email, To Do Tasks Email, All Tasks Complete Email) has an info icon next to it to read more information about each option.
- To enable email notifications, select Enable Automatic Email Notifications
- Next, select the tab that you'd like to configure:
- For Assignment Policy, Notification Policy, and/or To Do tasks, select how often the selected group(s) should receive email notifications when tasks of these types are added, completed, or updated:
- Daily—Send a task digest email every night
- 5 Minutes—Send a task summary email every five minutes
- None—Don’t send task emails
- If you have designated default schedulers by security group in Series25 Group Administration or by location in 25Live, select how often default schedulers should receive All Tasks Completed email notifications when all tasks associated with events they’re responsible for have been completed.
- Daily—Send an all tasks completed digest email every night
- Five Min.—Send all tasks completed emails every five minutes
- None—Don’t send all tasks completed emails
If you have not designated default schedulers by security group or by location, we recommend you choose None for this setting. If set to something other than None, users will receive all tasks completed emails for every event they create that has associated tasks.
- Click Save
Verifying Automatic Email Notifications
To view a summary of each security group's automatic email notification settings, you can use the Email Notification Settings - Excel report in 25Live Reports under the "Other Reports" category.