If your institution requires the LYNX-APP to contact LYNX-WebServices through a proxy server, this article explains how to configure the LYNX-APP to use that proxy server.
Please note that this step is optional, and you must be on version 1.1.1 or later of the LYNX-APP to use the proxy feature. If you are on an earlier version, download and apply the latest lynx-app.jar file from the Patch Index site.
- Navigate to the ~\LYNX-APP\config\ directory.
- Open application.properties for editing.
At the end of the # LYNX WEB SERVICES # section, confirm that you see the following lines (add these lines if they are not present):
# Optional proxy server
Uncomment the # proxy-address=HOSTNAME:PORT line, by removing the '#' character.
- Enter a correct HOSTNAME and PORT for the proxy server.
Save the changes.
Start LYNX-APP and Verify the Connection
- Open the services console on the server where the LYNX-APP is installed.
- Start the LYNX-APP service or restart the service if it is already running.
- Let the LYNX-APP run for a couple of minutes.
- Check the LYNX user interface in your browser and verify that the LYNX-APP is running successfully. There should be a green icon indicating APP OK on the home page.
- Check the LYNX home page and note the Local Application Version under the System Setup box. Again, you must be on version 1.1.1 or later to use the proxy feature.
- Check the proxy server logs and verify that the LYNX-APP is connecting through the proxy.