How To Access Master Definitions
To access Master Definitions System Settings views, your 25Live user must have security permissions set in Series25 Group Administration for each of the types that you wish to access, including:
- Events: Admin: 6.0 Manage Event Master Lists
- Event Requirement Notification Policy: Admin: 7.0 Set Event Notification Policy
- Event Types: Admin: 5.2 Manage Event Type Hierarchy
- Locations: Admin: 10.2 Manage Location Master Lists
- Resources: Admin: 11.2 Manage Resource Master Lists
- Organizations: Admin: 13.4 Manage Organization Master Lists
- Organization Ratings: Admin 13.6 Edit Organization Ratings
- Organization Partition Preferences: Admin: 13.8 Edit Organization Location Preferences
- Contacts: Admin: 12.1 Create and View all active and inactive Contact Master Lists
If you would like any of the described settings changed for your user, contact your 25Live administrator.
Some features and functions are only available to members of the Administrator - System (-1) security group.
1. Go to the System Settings View
After logging into 25Live Pro as a user with appropriate permissions, open the More menu in the top navigation bar.
2. Tap or Click the Master Definitions Link
Use the menu link to go to the System Settings view, then view the Master Definitions section.
See Working With Master Definitions for details on general navigation within the Master Definitions section and actions available to all types.
How to Bulk Edit Event Types
1. Switch Event Types to List View
The Event Types subsection has two main views, List and Hierarchy. The List view is the best place to view and edit all current event types.
Be sure the Event Types List toggle at the top of the view is set to List View to reveal the Bulk Edit button.
Tip: Bulk Editing in Hierarchy View
Bulk editing is also available in the Hierarchy view for event-event types (not cabinet or folder event types), but starting with the list view is often simpler.
2. Select Event Types to Bulk Edit & Use the Bulk Edit Button
The Bulk Edit button will remain shaded and unavailable until you select items. Use the checkboxes in the left column of the list to select the event types you wish to bulk edit. The checkbox in the header row will select all event types (not recommended for your first bulk edit or without careful consideration).
Tap or click the Bulk Edit button when it's activated (with white text).
3. Select a Bulk Editing Action
Use the Select Action dropdown list to choose which action you'd like to take with the selected event types. In each action view, the Return to List button can be used to cancel and return.
You can use the dropdown menus to Select Reports: Confirmation Notice or Invoice. Both use type-ahead search functionality. A "Remove" link allows you to remove selections.
The Add/Remove Report toggle governs whether you are adding or removing all of the report choices.
You can also use the Select Reports button to select additional reports. The "X" icons allow you to remove selections.
The Add Report or Remove Report button will save your changes.
Toggle the Add/Remove Categories control to choose your action.
Use the Select Categories button to open a search and checkboxes for selecting categories. The "X" icons will allow removing selections.
The Add Categories or Remove Categories button will save your changes.
Add/Remove Custom Attributes
Use the Add/Remove Custom Attributes toggle to choose your action.
The Select Custom Attributes button opens a search with checkboxes. The "X" icons will allow removing selections.
The Add Custom Attributes or Remove Custom Attributes button will save your changes.
Add/Remove Contact Roles
Toggle the Add/Remove Contact Roles control to refine your action.
Use the Select Roles button to open a search and checkboxes for selecting roles. The "X" icons will allow removing selections.
The Add Contact Role or Remove Contact Role button will save your changes.
Add/Remove Requirements (Publish to Calendar)
Use the Add/Remove Calendar Requirements toggle to set your action.
The Select Requirements button opens a search and checkboxes to add requirements. The "X" icons will allow removing selections.
The Add Calendar Requirement or Remove Calendar Requirement button will save your changes.
Add/Remove Requirements (Other)
Toggle the Add/Remove Requirement control to refine your action.
Use the Select Requirements button to open a search with checkboxes of other requirements. The "X" icons will allow removing selections.
The Add Requirement or Remove Requirement button will save your changes.
Edit Notification Policy
Toggle the Update Notification Policy By control to choose between Contacts or a Template.
- If by Contacts, use the Add/Remove Contacts toggle to refine your action, then the Select Contacts button will open a search with checkboxes to select contacts.
- For each contact, choose between Notify Only or Approval required.
- If by Template, use the Select Template dropdown menu and choose the Approval Type.
- You can then set the time period for Approval required within using the day, hours, and minutes controls.
- Use the Add Contact dropdown menu to select one or more contacts (the "X" icons will allow removing selections), which you will need to choose between Notify Only or Approval required for each.
The Update Notification Policy button will save your changes.
Deactivate/Activate Event Types
Use the Deactivate/Activate button to refine this action.
The Update button will save your changes and return to the list view.
Note About Deactivating
Deactivating an event type means events can’t be created with the deactivated event type, but any existing event of that event type is preserved in the Series25 database, and you can report on previous events with that event type. You can also reactivate an event type if you decide you need it again in the advanced detail editing view.