Why Do You Need a Generic Publisher User Account?
There are two main reasons that your Publisher User account should be generic:
- A generic user account ensures that searches used for 25Live Publisher feeds remain available in the event of departmental turnover. Without a generic account, these searches would be tethered to credentials that may be inaccessible or deactivated.
- A generic user account enables the individual(s) using the account to have separate 25Live user accounts for the other roles and responsibilities they may have.
Remember that once searches become published feeds, they are associated with the user account that created them. They would need to be unpublished and republished in order to change the owner of the feed.
Building the Generic Publisher User Account
New user accounts are built using the 25Live Administration Utility. To build a generic Publisher User account:
- Open the 25Live Administration Utility.
- On the 25Live Administration Utility Dashboard, click on the Manage Contacts link in the Contacts block.
- Click the Add button in the Manage Contacts sub-tab.
- Enter a Last Name, Email Address, Username, Password, and select the 25Live Publisher User functional security group you created. Click the Add Contact button when you have entered all the required information.
- You will receive the success message after the new generic Publisher User account has been created.
You have successfully created a generic Publisher User account.
Differentiating the Generic Publisher User account and the 25Live Publisher Account
The 25Live Publisher process involves two user accounts that are important to differentiate:
1. the Generic Publisher User account, and
2. the 25Live Publisher account.
The Generic Publisher User account is used to log into 25Live Pro to create event searches and publish those searches as event feeds.
The 25Live Publisher account refers to the user credentials generated by your account manager. These credentials enable you to log into Publisher to build and style calendars for publication to campus web pages.
|PREVIOUSLY: Building a Publisher Functional Security Group||UP NEXT: Preparing 25Live for Optimal Use with Publisher - Data Preparation|