Breakpoint lists are used in X25 Analytics to help divide events or locations into meaningful groups based on enrollment or capacity. The numbers you specify in a breakpoint list are used in conjunction with the filter options defined by a data filter.
For example, if you’re only interested in reports showing classes containing 1-15 students and 16-25 students, you could create a new breakpoint group named Small Classes with just one breakpoint of 16. You could also set your filter options to a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 25. You would then select the Small Classes breakpoint list when given the opportunity.
Although they are often defined with specific classes or rooms in mind (and given names like "Small Classes") breakpoint lists are not inherently tied to events or locations. You can select the same lists no matter what reports or views you are working with.
Defining Breakpoint Lists
Follow these steps to set up a breakpoint list in X25 Analytics:
- Find the Breakpoint Lists area in the Projects tab under Settings.
- Enter a name for a new list in the provided text box.
- Enter breakpoints in a comma-separated list in the provided text box.
- e.g. 5, 10, 15, 20
- Click the Add button to save the breakpoint list.
- Delete any breakpoint list by clicking the X next to its name.