Click here to view related articles.
An important task you must perform as a System Administrator during the implementation of Eval25 is creating evaluation forms and “binding” them to entities defined for your institution.
- An evaluation form is a collection of questions that has a code and a name and will have one or more evaluation terms with which it is associated.
- Evaluation form questions are grouped into categories, each of which will either be designated for institution-wide display or bound (i.e., "connected") to groups of courses.
- A bound category will only display to students in courses to which the category is bound. For example, you may want to ask students questions that have been tailored to their enrollment in courses taught online within a specific department. You can accomplish this by using bindings.
Bindings can be created using any variable stored within Eval25 for your institution. Schools, departments, subjects, course types, locations, instruction methods, and so on, are all commonly used for bindings.
Bind Each Question Category
1. Click the Settings () Button to the Right of the Category and Select Add Binding
2. Select an Attribute you want the Question Category Bound to From the Dropdown
3. Select Equals or Another Option
To use the Not Equals option, see Binding to All But One category below.
4. From the Next Dropdown, Select one of the Available Options
5. To Define the Binding Further, Click the Add Another Attribute Button
Repeat this process until it is the binding you need.
- If you choose multiple entities it creates an “and” relationship among them, meaning that if you unbind one, the others are unbound as well.
- If you choose one entity and add it, then choose another entity and add it, and so on, it creates an “or” relationship among them, meaning that if you unbind one, the others stay bound.
6. Click Add Binding
7. Repeat as Needed for Other Question Categories
Note: If you prefer, you can create all your question categories, then bind them later.
Until bound, question categories are designated as bound for institution-wide display. You can unbind any institution-wide categories as needed for future use. If you do this, those question categories are designated as “unbound.”
Binding to All But One Category
The Form Editor can bind categories to everything except X. For example, if you have an evaluation that applies to all departments except for Slavic Languages and Literature, you can select the following when creating the binding.
The use of Not Equals in this configuration assures that all departments will see the category except Slavic Languages and Literature. The advantage is that you avoid manually adding, for example, dozens of different departments within a school to prevent certain questions from being asked within one department.
Tip: Delete all Bindings
If you'd like to, for example, start over without bindings, the Form Editor includes a Delete all Bindings option for form categories. This allows the deletion of all bindings for a specific category at once.
Running the Bindings Audit
If you want to identify courses that do not have questions or bindings, you can run a bindings audit. To do this, just click the Settings () button icon to the right of the Load Form button, and select Run Bindings Audit. All courses without questions will display in a window you can scroll through. Click a course’s Details button to advance to that course’s Registration page.