The Metrics page in X25 Analytics provides a quick look at top-level statistics for an entire snapshot. This can be useful to get an overview before diving into the finer details with specific reports.
This page is subject to the filter options for a snapshot. If you have defined any parameter sets for a snapshot then you can select them in the "breadcrumb" menu at the top of the page. Otherwise, the Metrics page will be filtered according to your parameter set defaults.
Understanding Snapshot Metrics
The Metrics page includes basic statistics and graphics for the current snapshot, as shown above. These take into account the entire range of data from the event and location searches captured in the snapshot, narrowed by the selected data filter. Several metrics rely on the critical time range specified in the filter.
Tip: Share to Story
The Metrics summary page features a Share to Story button at the top near the filter selection that allows you Create Public Link for Current Report to share your data with others and access past links you've created. See Sharing X25 Analytics Reports for more.
- Top Organizations lists the ten organizations with the highest total expected or registered headcount.
- Top Buildings lists the ten buildings with the greatest number of events scheduled in their locations (measured by the total number of occurrences).
- Average Utilization (including overall as well as during the critical time range) is an indication of how well your locations are being used.
- Seat Utilization is the ratio of attendees (represented by expected or registered headcount) measured against available seats (represented by maximum location capacity). This is the average utilization of all events, weighted by their duration.
Room Utilization is the ratio of time when events are scheduled in locations (not including passing time) measured against the total time available in those rooms. The range for "total time" is set by the start and end hours of the currently selected filter set.
Top/Bottom 25% of Locations
The Seat and Room Utilization statistics include blue and pink shading for the top and bottom 25% of locations in a snapshot, respectively.
This indicates the distribution of utilization statistics on individual rooms. For example, in the Room Utilization screenshot above, the pink bar goes up to 20% and the blue bar starts at 60%, indicating that a quarter of the locations in the snapshot have 20% utilization or worse and a quarter have utilizations of 60% or better.
The white space between the two colored bars represents the middle 50% of locations. A narrower space between the pink and blue represents a denser concentration around the average utilization. In the example above, half of the locations in the snapshot have individual Room Utilization values between 20% and 60%.
- Most Used Buildings lists the five buildings with the greatest total durations of events scheduled in their locations. Orange bars indicate the number of events scheduled in the building at a given time of day, and the horizontal brown line represents the average number of events throughout the day.
- Largest Departments indicates the organizations with the highest total headcount across all events and indicates how that headcount changes throughout the day.
- Preference Satisfaction shows the breakdown of whether events' assigned locations match their partition preferences. Different portions of the pie chart indicate how many events have been assigned to locations that fully or partially contain all the feature and partition preferences required by the Schedule25 Optimizer.
- Meeting Pattern Bottlenecks shows the organizations with the most events happening at the same time, as indicated by the "average concurrent meetings" statistic. It also indicates the average for all organizations on campus.
- Critical Time Usage shows five organizations in your snapshot and indicates the total number of hours that their events meet, shading the portion that falls within the current filter's critical time range.
- Most Requested Features indicates the location features which appear most frequently as preferences on events in the snapshot. (This is relevant for Optimizer modeling.) The chart compares the total number of occurrences in events requesting a specific feature.