Assignment Windows are a type of assignment policy exception which are relative to an event's start date rather than specific dates. A user has different assignment policy permissions for a location in the days before an event starts.
Note: Assignment Windows and "Not Requestable"
If a location's default assignment policy is Not Requestable, then assignment windows do not have an effect.
There are three options for permissions in an assignment window:
- Assign - the user is able to assign the location without requiring approval
- Request - if the user attempts to assign the location, instead they generate an assignment request task
- Not Requestable - the user is not able to request or assign the location at all
- Assignment Window starts 3 days before the 1st Occurrence Date with the following permissions: Request
In this example, a user might normally have full assignment permissions for a location. But three days before an event's start date, the window kicks in and demotes the user's permission to request-only. This forces a user to receive approval for a location if attempting to reserve it in the near future, while allowing them to assign without approval if the event is more than three days away.
Assignment windows are applied based on the date of an event's first occurrence. If a user creates or edits an event whose first requested date for a location is within the window, that location's assignment policy will use the exception for all dates, even ones that fall outside the window.
"One day" for an assignment window means 24 hours, not a calendar day. For example, if a location has an assignment window of two days then a user's assignment policy permissions will be affected exactly 48 hours before the start of the event. This means that someone would be able to make a request for Friday evening by submitting it on Wednesday morning and still fall outside a two-day window.
Setting an Assignment Window
1. Navigate to the Assignment Window Configurations
- In Series25 Group Administration, select one or multiple groups.
- Select the Configure... Location Security
- Enter a location keyword or choose a location search from the Select locations to edit dropdown
- Click the Assignment Window link
2. Select Your Locations
- Select one or more locations
- Click Edit selected Locations
3. Edit the Assignment Window
- Enter the number of days before an event's start date when the window applies and the permission (Request, Assign, or Not Requestable) to use during the window
Remove Assignment Windows