25Live Publisher also contains its own analytics package for you to review the flow of traffic to your campus calendars. While you currently may not integrate your Publisher spuds with Google Analytics, the onboard analytics will provide a wealth of downloadable information about all of the following:
- Spud views in the previous 29 days,
- Calendar views in the previous 29 days,
- Promo spud views in the previous 29 days,
- Event detail views in the previous 29 days,
- Top most-viewed future events, and
- Number of future events by month.
To access the Publisher Dashboard:
- Locate your username in the upper right-hand corner of the Publisher window
- Click your username, to open the drop-down menu containing links to Account Settings, Address Book, Publisher Dashboard, Help, and Sign Out.
- Click the Publisher Dashboard link to open the Publisher Dashboard.
- The Publisher Dashboard screen will open listing all of your available published calendars for review.
- Locate the calendar you want to review and click its link to open the Publisher Dashboard for that calendar.
- The first region contains the details about the calendar meta-data including its location, keywords, and any automated emails that are scheduled. It also contains the spud views for the previous 29 days for all of the spuds in your published calendar as well as the option to download Microsoft Excel files for the past three months.
- The second region contains a summary count of the number of calendar views, promo spud views, and detail views. The summary counts show a count per day for the previous 29 days and then a summary count above the entire period with actual visits.
- The third region contains the most-viewed future events along with a count of event actions taken on these events including adds to calendar, forwards to friends, and text or email reminders set. This information is also downloadable for the past three months in Microsoft Excel format.
- The fourth and final region contains a count of the total number of future events by month on this calendar as well as a break down of how many events are occurring in each month.
- Once you have finished reviewing the analytics for this calendar, click the Done button to return to the main Publisher window or click the Return to Publisher Dashboard to return to the dashboard to review more calendar analytics.
Publisher Analytics gives you an opportunity to see which spuds are working most effectively for your visitors and which spuds go largely unused. This allows you to possibly determine if some views and some spuds are ineffective and should be altered for different options. A good Publisher user will make use of these analytics to drive better calendar implementations for their campus.