To utilize this functionality, users will need the following permission set in Group Administration:
Admin: 29.0 Edit General Settings in 25Live System Settings = Yes
Availability Grids Come With Default Colors
In 25Live, availability grids are available in your personal views, as a display choice in search results, and in Location and Resource details. These grids list locations or resources along the left side, an adjustable display of hours along the top of the grid, and they give you the ability to change the date(s) displayed. Custom colors can display on both daily and weekly availability grids.
Custom colors can be added in Color Schemes, but Availability grids also come with a number of default colors:
- Blank/White: Available
- Green: A normal event with occurrence start and end times
- Light Green: Setup/pre-event or post-event/takedown time around an event time
- Gray: Closed hours, based on the location's open/closed hours
- Black: A blackout hour
- Orange/Beige: Location unavailable due to a relationship with another location
- Purple/Gray Slashes: Pending location reservation
- Draft Event (Color may vary) : Displays draft events if the Include Requested checkbox is ticked
- Requested Event (Color may vary): Displays requested events if the Include Requested checkbox is ticked
These colors help you see at a glance the status of events for the location or resource. Use the Legend button in the top-left of any availability grid to see a list of the colors that may display.
Tip: Some System Colors Will Persist
Some colors the system assigns in availability grid views to relate information, such as orange to show a location is unavailable due to a relationship, will override any custom colors.
System Settings Grid Coloring Adds Two Choices
The Grid Coloring section of System Settings allows you to additionally display color mappings for:
- Event Type
- Event State
You can toggle between the two kinds of mappings, and 25Live will keep the library you saved for each.
To Add a New Color Mapping
Security Note: This Feature Requires Administrative Access
To access the System Settings views, your 25Live user must have administrative security permissions (be in the -1 security group). If you would like any of the described settings changed for your instance of 25Live, contact your 25Live administrator.
1. Go to the System Settings View, and Access the General Settings Section
After logging into 25Live Pro as an administrator or user with permissions to access System Settings (-1), open the More menu in the top navigation bar.
Use the menu link to go to the General Settings section.
Use the Grid Coloring link in the left-side menu to view the section.
2. Choose The Kind of Color Mapping
Use the Color By: toggle to switch between defining color mappings Event Type or State. If you define mappings for one kind then switch to the other, 25Live will keep your library of mappings to use if you switch back.
3. Add a New Mapping
Use the Add New Color Mapping button to display a blank tile for new mapping.
4. Adjust Settings
Each mapping tile has settings for:
- Name - A descriptive name that will appear in the Legend key
- Event Type or State - Depending on the kind of mapping you're adding, the button will allow you to choose one or more items
- If you choose more than one item, an event matching ANY of the choices will use the defined color
- Just as in the rest of 25Live, you can quickly remove any choices using the X next to the name
- Draft/requested events will match the Event State color on availability grids
- Color - The color you want matching events to display
5. Save Your Color Mapping
Saving is very important. While you can add more than one mapping and then use the Save button, it's safest to save after adding each mapping. You must save after toggling the Color By choice of mapping types as well.
Note: Removing Color Mappings
Use the Remove button on each tile to remove any color mappings you no longer want or need. Removing mappings does not have an undo function, so consider carefully before using the button.
To Change Between Grid Color Types
25Live will save your library of tiles for both kinds of color mappings when you switch between Event Type or State.
Use the Color By: switch to toggle between mapping kinds. Be sure to Save after switching, or the new kind will not display the expected colors on availability grids.
Be aware that if you are displaying color mappings by Event State, a defined mapping for related events in the library for Event Type will override any other Event State definitions, as requested by customers.
To add custom coloring with Color Schemes
To create a custom Color Scheme go to Grid Coloring > Color Schemes and select the Add New Color Scheme button
Color Scheme Name (required):
- Choose a unique name
- Note: Color Schemes that are currently in use cannot be renamed
Background Color & Font Color (optional):
- Select the color field to open the color picker for Background Color and Font Color
- Choose a color from the spectrum OR enter RGB, HEX, or HSL color values
- If your Background Color and Font Color are too close in contrast, a warning will appear indicating that they don't meet WCAG accessibility requirements
- Choose a contrasting color for either field to resolve the warning
- Select from the available Patterns to overlay onto your Background Color
- Available patterns include:
- Diagonal Stripes
- Zig Zag
Select the Remove button at the bottom of the Color Scheme to delete it
- The Remove button will not be available if your Color Scheme is in Use
- To remove a Color Scheme from use, navigate to the Color Mapping tab
Don't forget to save each of your changes with the Save button at the bottom-left!
Viewing Availability Grid Coloring
Custom colors can display on both weekly and daily availability grids.
The Legend button displays a key with default colors as well as any additional you've added for the currently selected mapping kind.
Note: Related Event Definitions Will Always Display
If you are displaying color mappings by Event State, a defined mapping for related events in the library for Event Type will override any other Event State definitions.
If you change from one grid color kind to another (such as from coloring by Event Type to coloring by Event State), the Legend and display of colors will change to match the new selection.
Tip: You May Need to Refresh Using Browser Controls
If you don't see expected color changes after adding a new mapping or switching between mapping color kinds, refresh using your browser's Refresh button or CTRL-R (Command-R).