Import and export messages are available for review on the Import/Export Messages page. There are three ways to access this page from within LYNX:
From the Import Details or Export Details page after a manual import or export is completed
Immediately after you click Import to 25Live or Export to SIS, you are taken to the Import Details or Export Details page where you see the progress of the import or export. Once the import or export is complete, you can click View All Messages to go to the Import/Export Messages page where all the messages for that import or export are listed. For more information, see "Related Topics."
Tip: LYNX Event Naming Conventions
LYNX applies a naming convention to exam events:
- If created as a separate events, imported exams will always have ‘SFX’ in their Alien UID
- Other created exams will have “FX” in their ID
From the 25Live Import Processes or SIS Export Processes page
- Choose 25Live Import Processes or SIS Export Processes from the Import to 25Live or Export to SIS menu.
- Click the Process ID of the import or export you want to view messages for.
- On the Import Details or Export Details page, click View All Messages.
From the Utilities menu
- Choose Import/Export Messages from the Utilities menu.
- Specify message search criteria:
- Choose Imports to 25Live or Exports to SIS.
- Choose whether you want to see just errors, errors and warnings, or errors, warnings, and info.
- Enter the date/time range (Start Date and Time and End Date and Time) for which you want to see messages (maximum 7 days).
- If you want to search by section name and/or see or not see excluded sections in the message results, click the Advanced Search link if it’s not already expanded, enter the full or partial section name in the Name Search field, then select whether or not you want sections that have been excluded from the import and/or export to be shown in the message results.
- Click Load Messages.
Import and export messages can also be accessed from outside of LYNX:
From a WebServices request
The WebServices URL can be manually manipulated in a browser to show you any set of errors, errors and warnings, or your entire import log, based on any date/time range you wish to specify. The details of how to do this are below.
- Find the base URL for your institution's WebServices installation, like below. You'll want to replace <yourschool> with your instance name:
To retrieve all import ERRORS (default) created since 2/13/2024 at 1pm, append the following to your base WS URL:
To retrieve all import WARNINGS and ERRORS created since 2/13/2024 at 1pm, append the following to your WS URL:
To retrieve all import MESSAGES (i.e. the entire import log) created starting 2/13/2024 at 1pm through the next 90 seconds append the following to your WS URL:
Adjust the dates and times in these URLs as necessary.
Note the scope of the the argument 'level='
Not specifying a 'level' argument brings in only ERRORS
Specifying level=warning brings in both WARNINGS and ERRORS
Specifying level=message brings in both WARNINGS and ERRORS and MESSAGES, i.e. all lines recorded in the import logging process
From the SIS Import Messages - Excel Report
You must have either Microsoft Excel or Open Office Calc installed on your local computer in order to access this report.
- To access this report in 25Live, go to the More menu > Go To Tool > Reports > Event Reports > SIS Import Messages - Excel.
- Once you've selected the report, choose a date range for import messages you would like to see. You can also specify whether you would like to see errors only, errors/warnings only, or all messages (if both options are set as "No.")
- With your import messages exported into a local spreadsheet, you can do anything with the data that you like (i.e. filtered columns, sorting, etc.)