When creating Optimizer lists you'll often find that you are creating the same lists over and over again to split up the events or locations in your snapshot. To make this easier, X25 Analytics has the option of auto-generating lists based on common characteristics. This option quickly creates multiple lists which you can then use in your simulation runs.
Once created, auto-generated lists behave just like any others created manually. You can add or remove items from them, rename or delete them, or add transformations.
Because list auto-generation gives you the potential to create a large number of lists that would be tedious to delete one by one, the auto-generation method also comes with the ability to quickly delete multiple lists. This deletion method works on any list no matter how it was created, but is especially suited to deleting auto-generated lists because of the naming conventions involved.
To Auto-Generate Optimizer Lists
- On the Lists page, click the Auto button to open the Auto-Generate Event Lists modal. (You can also use this modal to bulk delete lists as described below.)
- Select the type(s) of lists you wish to generate.
- Most lists only require you to select the corresponding checkbox.
- Breakpoint lists require you to type in a comma-separated list of breakpoints, such as 0,10,30,100.
- Click Run to close the modal and generate the lists.
The new lists are available in the list selection drop-down menu.
There are several types of lists that can be generated using this method. You can use as many or few options as you need.
- All - This option makes a single list that contains all events or locations in the snapshot.
- Event List options:
- By Organization - This option creates a list for each organization in the snapshot.
- By Standard Schedule Compliance - This option creates lists based on the standard schedules defined elsewhere. For each schedule, a list is created for "compliant" events (those whose meeting patterns are found in the standard schedule) and "non-compliant" (those whose meeting patterns aren't found in the standard schedule).
- Events in Location List - This option creates a list of events assigned to locations in a previously created location list.
- Expected/Registered by Breakpoint - These options require you to specify breakpoints to create lists, such as 0, 10, 30, 100. Each number you specify will be the start of a range of data. For example, these breakpoints would make lists of events with headcounts between 0-9, 10-29, 30-99, and 100+.
- Multiple Meeting Pattern: This option creates two lists, one for MMP events (those with multiple meeting patterns, or "segments") and one for all other events.
- Crosslisted/Combined: This option creates two lists, one for events in binding relations and one for all other events.
- Event Name: This option creates a single list including of any event whose name creates specific text.
- Location List options:
- By Building, Organization, Partition, Code - These options make a separate list for each building, organization, partition, or room code in the snapshot.
- Capacity by Breakpoint - This option require you to specify breakpoints such as 30, 50, 100. Each number you specify will be the start of a range of data. For example, those breakpoints would make lists of locations with maximum capacities between 0 - 29, 30-49, and 50+.
Bulk Deleting Optimizer Lists
- On the Lists page, click the Auto button to open the auto-generation modal.
- Type text in the Bulk Delete box.
- Click Run to close the modal and run the search based on the text you entered.
Any list whose name contains the text will be deleted.